Chapter 12

"Melissa?" James asks as he stops and looks at me.

"Yes, her." I tell him watching as his face twists in confusion.

"Why do you want her to go to the party with us?" he asks looking at me as if he could get see through me.

"I wanted to make peace, and it's Saturday." I told him with a smile looking at the playground.

"Okay, lil girl." he says with a smirk on his face because he knows I hate that.

"J, don't make me hurt you." I threaten as I take steps closer towards him.

"I'd like to see you try sweetheart." he says sticking his tongue out at me.

"Well your wish is about to come true honey." I mumble as he begans to run away from me.

"Why you running J?" I teased as I run after him with my hair going in every direction.

"Because I want to lil girl." he says as he stops at a tree that's further away from where we once were.

Once he uttered those words again I ran towards him and jumped on his body. Maybe not the smartest plan since I fell right along with him.

"Very smart princess." he tells me as he sits up with me still on him.

"Whatever J, you deserved it." I say not making any move to get up.

"Not that I mind, but why are you still on me?" he asks placing his hands on the ground to hold both of us up.

As soon as he said that I unwrapped myself from his body.

"What time is it?" I ask him trying to divert his attention from what just happened.

"It's 2:35." he says holding out his phone for me to see.

"Wanna get something to eat before the party?" I ask him hoping he'll agree.

"Aww is Little Miss Sunshine slung Mr on a date?" he asks with a smirk on his face.

"Nu uh you ain't my type." I say laughing at his fake shocked face.

"Sweetheart I'm everyone's type." he says getting off the ground.

"Shut up and answer the question." I say laughing at him.

"Oh my gosh girl I just got asked out what should I say?" he asks pretending to be on his phone.

"Come on J I'm hungryy." I whine.

"Okay it's a date." he says picking me up and running towards his car.

Skipping to the restaurant

"Babe what chu want?" James yells from the line at McDonald's.

"Stop yelling ole ugly boy." I say walking towards him.

"Such a mean girl, no food for you." he says looking at the menu.

"Excuse miss I will like I number 1 with a sprite please." I tell her and she did what I asked.

"Thank you J." I say laughing as I kiss his cheek and walk back to our booth.

~James Pov~

"Number 19!" a employee calls out so I walk towards her.

"Thank you." I tell her as I grab our food about to walk to Chloe when someone bumps into me.

"Shit." I mumble because I almost dropped our food. I looked up to see a little boy that look sort of like Chloe.

"Christian!" I hear a deep voice yell as he enters the place.