Chapter 7

Chloe and I were on our way to my car. I was right behind her, and all I could look at was her ass.

I know that's very perverted, but I can't help it with all these crazy hormones.

It is something more to her than her looks that attracted me. I love the way I can be myself around her, and not feel like she will judge me.

I finally made it to my car, but didn't see her. I swear she was just a few steps ahead of me.

I looked back and seen her facing towards the beach. I turned around and walked to her, but smelt something horrible.

As soon as I got closer the smell grew stronger.

"What are you doing?" I ask as I see the cigarette in her hand.

"Do you mind?" she answers with a question.

"Yes, it's bad for you." I tell her.

"James, don't you think I know that?" she asks not even looking at me.

"Why are you doing it then?" I ask.

"It calms me down, and you were taking forever." she says with a small smile.

I don't know what to tell her without being a hypocrite. I smoked maybe a couple times, but didn't like the taste.

I only did it because of my friends. Something about her smoking didn't settle with me.

I grabbed the cigarette out of her hand, threw it on the ground and stepped on it.

"What the hell James?" she spat out.

"You shouldn't smoke, princess." I said and she scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Aren't you supposed to be the 'badboy'?" she asks using her fingers to make quotations around the word badboy.

"People think what they want Chloe." I say.

"Can we just go?" she asks walking to my car.

I don't answer, but walk to my car and unlock it and get in. She soon gets in the car looking straight ahead.

I put the car in reverse and start driving down the road going back towards the diner.

I don't want her to be upset with me.

"Chloe, I'm sorry." I find myself saying.

She doesn't answer, so I look over and see she's staring out of the window.

I don't know what else to say to her to make her talk to me.

After a minute or two I get an idea and glance at her. I see her hand is in her lap, so I decide to grab her hand and interwine my fingers with hers.

I look back at the rode, but out of the corner of my eye I see her looking at me with a confused look. She doesn't pull her hand back though.

"I know everyone at school thinks I'm a bad guy or whatever, but I'm not. I smoked maybe once or twice. Worse decision I have ever made, and I don't want to see you doing that." I tell her.

"Smoking, well it's been my stress reliever for some time now." she finally says to me.

"Not anymore, okay?" I ask.