Chapter 33

"Our prom is in a few hours are you excited?" Melissa asks pulling out her dress and twirling around happily.

Even though it had been a few weeks since I figured out what happened, and honestly all I can think about was my dad. Where is he? What is happening to him right now?

Chris is a horrible person that led people to believe that drugs were everything.

I know people have different problems and circumstances, but drugs aren't the answer. You have just take everything one step at a time.

"Earth to Chloe." Melissa says waving her hand in my face.

"I was listening." I tell her before she says anything.

"No you weren't, so tell me what's going on in that crazy wonderful mind of yours." she demands sitting down on her beautiful queen size bed.

"Family stuff." I tell her not really wanting to talk about it.

"Okay, well I can tell you don't want to talk about it now." she says looking at me curiously.

I didn't say anything I just sat there for a minute daydreaming of what it would be like to see my father again.

"I don't what's going on right now, but whatever it is tonight you aren't thinking about it." Melissa says getting off her bed standing in front of me with a weird smile on her face.

"Why can't I wallow in my self pity right now?" I ask her as I slide down in the chair I'm in.

"Because today is prom night, and I'll be God damned if I don't go without my best friend." she says pulling me out of the chair making me fall on my ass.

"See what you did?" I ask her holding my bum as I got up.

"Yes, I got my sister off her ass now let's go." she says pushing the desk chair into the restroom.

"What are you doing?" I ask her curiously as she takes out several different bags and I sit down.

"You're makeup and hair duh." she says with a look on her face making me laugh.

"Why so early we have like four more hours?" I ask her not seeing the point.

"My dear tomboy friend we need every hour we can get." she says plugging up her flat iron.

"Rude, but okay girl work your magic." I tell her and she squeals like a pig making me laugh hysterically.

"I was thinking I could straighten your hair and do light makeup because I know you hate it." she says and I nod my head with a small smile.

I never could do my own makeup, and when I let someone else do it that messed up. 

"I still haven't seen your outfit C." Mel says sectioning my hair into four parts.

"It's in your closest along with my heels." I tell her looking through her makeup bags.

"Can you describe it so I know how to do your makeup?" she asks spraying heat protectant on my ponytails.

"It's a beautiful midnight black dress with a lace sleeves. It shows some of my back and clevage." I tell her trying my best to describe my dress.

" I tell her trying my best to describe my dress