Chapter 18

"Chloe?" I hear someone say I open my eyes to see it's Penny.

I slowly open my eyes more to see it was Penny. She was wearing cute black sweatpants, white camisole and black slippers. Even in her pajamas she looked good.

I looked down to see tan arms wrapped around my waist. That's when I remembered James was here.

"Chloe?" Penny asks again causing me to look up at her.

"Yeah?" I ask her curious as to why she is interrupting my sleep.

"Thought y'all was just friends." she says with amused laced in her voice.

"We were when you last asked about him." I tell her truthfully.

"So y'all together now?" she asks looking between the both of us.

"Yes ma'am." I say looking at back at him with a small smile on my face.

"Told you so." she says sticking her tongue out like a little kid.

"I know, so what did you want?" I ask her wanting her to tell me so I can try to get some more sleep.

"I was wondering why you was on the couch too, but I know that now. Also I needed to tell you something, but it can wait a little bit longer." she tells me going into the kitchen.

"What is it?" I whisper yell so she can hear me.

"It can wait C." she says looking at the breakfast I left her in the fridge.

I need to know what's going on, so I carefully unwrapped James arms from me. I got up and walked towards my sister.

"It clearly couldn't because you woke me up out of my sleep." I tell her just wanting her to tell me.

"It was just I feel like someone is watching me when I was out." she tells me and I look at her confused.

"What do you mean you feel like someone was watching you?" I ask her puzzled.

"I don't know how to explain it." she tells me lowering her voice.

"Who do you think it is?" I ask her curiously.

"Chloe, what if it's dad's brother?" she says with a little fear in her eyes.

"Why would you think that?" I ask her thinking that she may have seen him like I did not too long ago.

"I don't know I think I seen him when I was in the mall a couple days ago." she says putting her food in the microwave.

"I seem him the other day when I was at McDonald's with James." I tell her thinking that he may be following us.

"Dude, what the hell!" she exclaims slamming the microwave door causing James to stir in his sleep.

"What Penn?" I ask her curious as to why she just did that.

"He is following us, and it doesn't make any sense." she says with a frown on her caramel colored skin.

"Maybe he's trying to tell us something." I say voicing my thoughts.

"Like what?" she asks looking at me like I've grown two heads.

"I don't know, to say sorry maybe." I tell her even though I don't think it's true.

"Next time I see him, or you see him let's male a deal to figure out what the hell he wants." she says grabbing her food ready to leave.

"Will do." I tell her as she starts walking to her bedroom.

"Goodnight, and thanks for the food." she says standing outside the door to her room before walking in.

I walk back into the kitchen, and grab my phone off the table. I look at the time and see it's 3 in the morning.

I look over at James to see if he is still sleep, but am surprised to see that he isn't there.

"Where did he go so quick?" I mumble to myself walking over to the couch thinking about all this stuff with my uncle.

What if he is trying to tell us something about our dad?

"Boo!" James says from behind me.

"Oh my gosh! Get away from me James that was not funny." I tell him going to sit down on the couch, so my heart rate can slow down.

"Sorry princess." he says sitting next to me on the couch.

I didn't say anything back, but instead looked for a movie to put on. As I scroll through the movies I found one I have been wanting to see, Sausage Party.

"You haven't watch this movie yet?" James asks looking at the movie I just put on.

I don't know why, but I didn't feel like answering him. I know I'm childish, and I don't really care he shouldn't have scared me like that.

I laid my head against the couch as my attempt to get comfortable. James was just sitting there looking lost. The movie has been playing for about five minutes before it is paused.

"What the hell." I say as I look for the remote when I finally see it it's in James hand.

"Why you seem mad at me babe?" he asks looking at me with a confused expression.

"J, I'm not mad just play the movie." I tell him with a blank face well I hope that's what it looks like.

"Not until you tell me why you ain't cuddled up with me anymore." he says holding the remote away from my reach.

I didn't have an answer for him so I just stayed silent.

"I asked you a question lil girl." he says with a smirk on his face because he knows I hate that.

"J, play the movie." I tell him a little annoyed.

"Chloe, I know something is wrong just tell me babe." he says with concern laced in his voice.

Ugh, I hate when he figures me out.

"I'll tell you later on J." I tell him honestly not wanting to talk about it.

"Promise?" he asks holding out his long tan finger in front of my face making me giggle a little.

"Baby, did you wash your hands?" I ask him

"Yes ma'am." he says grabbing picking me up and putting me in his lap.

"J, stop being a perv and push play on the movie." I tell him trying to get off his lap, but he doesn't let me.

He pushes play on the movie, and sits me next to him kissing my forehead. I can't help it, but to hug him.

"You know if my sister walks out I'm blaming this on you." I whisper in his ear kissing his cheek and letting him go.

"Let's go to sleep Chloe." he tells in the cutest sleepy voice ever.

"Goodnight J." I say as we both lay down.

"Night babygirl." he says yawning while I focus on the movie slowly falling asleep.