Chapter 23

When I get in the house my sister gives me a face telling me to be quiet. I look to see why she would be saying this, and I see mom on the couch knocked out.

"Had fun?" my sisters asks after I close and lock the door.

"Yes ma'am. " I say going to her room to find something to sleep in.

"Where did you and James go?" Penn asks following me into her room.

"Ice cream place." I tell her grabbing some gray sweats to put on.

"And you didn't bring me any?" she asks raising her perfectly arched eyebrows.

"No I didn't." I say taking off all my accessories.

"Why you being so grumpy?" Penny asks with a faint smirk probably knowing she's annoying me.

"I'm not." I tell her walking to the restroom hoping she would go away.

"Little baby tired?" she asks with an annoying baby voice.

"Yes, now please stop with the questions." I say closing the bathroom door to change.

I don't know why she asking me all these questions, but it's irritating. I go to change out of my clothes to see mother nature paid me an early visit.

"Ughh dude I like these panties." I mumble kind of loudly.

"You okay?" my sister asks from outside the door.

"Not really." I answer her throwing my hair into a ponytail.

"What's the matter?" Penny asks concerned.

"Japan." I say and I hear a small laugh.

Japan was our code word for being on our period because Japan's flag has a red dot.

"I'll be right back." she says and I hear shuffling before there's a knock on the door.

"It's open." I say trying to cover my lower half with my shirt.

"I don't want to see all your goodies I'll save that for lover boy." she says coming in with her eyes closed.

She hands me a new pair of underwear, and a pad.

"Thanks so much Penn." I say grabbing the items as she walks out the door.

"Welcome." she says closing the door.

I take off the rest of my clothes, and run some water for a bath. I grab my phone, and play some music.

Just because I'm the childish kid I am I add bubbles to the water, and get in. Once the water hits my skin I immediately feel relaxed.

My phone wasn't too far away from me, so I could change the song if I didn't like it. Right now it was playing Drake's sing Fake love.

"I got fake people showing fake love to me." I sing getting my towel to wash my body.

The song finishes and I'm almost done washing myself when I get a phone call. The only person who would be calling me is James. I'll just call him when I get out.

My phone stops ringing, and I continue to wash of the soap residue. After I'm done I sit back not ready to get out the tub.

I began to think of my plans tomorrow when my phone starts to ring again. I move over to grab my phone to see it's James.

"What?" I ask answering his phone call a bit upset.

"Watch your tone young lady." he says sternly.

"What do you want J?" I ask him hoping he'll get that I don't feel like talking.

"I just called to tell you I made it home, and to make sure you were alright." he tells me and I feel guilty for snapping at him.