Chapter 34

"You ready for finals?" I ask James as we are walking into school.

School was coming to an end; we only have a little over a month left.

"I guess so." he says shrugging his shoulders.

"J, be serious." I say letting go of his hand making him frown.

"Baby I am ready now hold me hand again." he says making me laugh. He is so childish and I love it.

"You're needy my love." I tell him grabbing his hand while he gives me a big smile showing all his pearly whites.

"Only because of you." he tells me and I smile.

"I can't believe this is our last year of high school." I say as we walk towards Mr. Finster's classroom.

"I thought I would be glad it's over, but honestly I'm a bit sad about it. It seems like I'm just starting to figure my life out." he tells me looking down the hallway.

"It may not seem like it, but it only gets better from here if that's what you desire." I tell him honestly as I look at him through my peripherals.

"The day I met you was the day everything started falling into place." he tells me as we stop in the middle of the hallway.

"Did I make you this corny or were you always like this?" I ask him trying to stifle a laugh.

"Don't act like you don't love it." he states with so much confidence radiating off of him.

"Do I though?" I ask him faking a look of confusion.

"Yes baby you do." he says closing the gap that was between us.

"Sure I do." I say with sacasm dripping from my mouth.

"Stop playing with me princess." he says with his lips mere inches away from my own.

"You stop." I reply childishly as he stares into my brown orbs as if he was savering this moment.

Everytime I'm with James I always find a new side to myself. It's something about him that makes me comfortable and safe. He is mines as I his until we decide to call a quits, but I don't think that would happen anytime soon.

"Give me a kiss and I'll stop." he says and I can't help but let out a giggle.

"There's so many people around though." I tell him as a group of girls walk by staring daggers at me.

They need to mind their own business staring at me like that. There's no point in hating when you can go out and get your own boyfriend.

"I don't care lay them lips on me woman." James says causing me to laugh.

Once I sobered up I leaned forward putting my hands on each side of his face crashing his lips on mines.

I no longer cared about what others seen because the taste of lips were my addiction. I loved the sparks that ignited when we kissed or even made contact with one another.

I didn't want this moment to ever end, but of course someone had to interrupt.

"Ms.Anderson?" someone asks clearing their voice causing me to unravel myself from James.

"Yes?" I ask looking at an older man that look to be in his late forties.

He looks familiar, but I just couldn't put my finger on it.

"Can you come to my office for a word?" he asks looking between James and I.

"I'm sorry sir, but who are you?" I ask trying to be as respectful as possible.

"I'm Principal Moyer." he tells me letting out a small chuckle.

"Oh well I guess so." I say with a faint smile that didn't reach my eyes.

What did he want? I haven't done anything wrong other than the public display of affection I just showed James.

"It's nothing bad I asure you." the principal says turning on his heels waiting for me to follow.

"I see you later princess." James says kissing my forehead before I start to follow Principal Moyer.

I just nodded reminiscing the feeling of his lips on mine. Jeez I sound like one of those boy crazed girls. I might be similar to them in some ways, but there was only one guy I was crazy for.

We finally made it into the office, and I was anxious on what he has to tell me.

"Ms. Anderson it has come to my attention that you have the highest GPA in the whole senior class." he says once he settles into his desk chair.

"Okay?" I ask more than say because I was still a bit confused on what he called me in here for.

"That means you are the valedictorian for the class of 2017." he says and I look at him trying to process what was going on.

"Me?" I ask with a wide smile making it's way on my face.

"I see no one else Ms.Anderson." he says with a small laugh and I find myself soon joining in his laughter.

"Oh my gosh this is so just wow." I say trying to express how I feel about this achievement.

"This is an amazing opportunity and something you have worked for. I just want to say congratulations." he says causing tears to form in the wells of my eyes.

"Thank you sir." I say trying to hold back the tears that threatened to fall.

"You will be giving a speech at graduation and sitting with the staff instead of your peers." he says and I nod my head with excitement.

I've always wanted to be the best at something and that's finally happening. I get to give a speech at a ceremony everyone will look back on.

"Sounds great." I tell him and he smiles.

"Now that you've gotten the great news it's time for you to go take your finals." he says standing up and I follow his gesture.

I got up and walked to the door leaving. I am so ready to get these tests over with, so I can tell my mom the great news.

I got to my classroom right when the bell rung. I went to my seat as the teacher was passing out the tests.

Once I got my test I opened it and began to read the passage carefully.

This test had a lot of questions, and I was dreading it. I took it one question at a time and before I knew it I completed my test.

It wasn't as hard as the teachers said it would be, but maybe that was just me because when I looked up a lot of people were still working.

I raised my hand and turned in my test, but I soon regretted doing that because I was soon consumed with boredom.

I just wanted to get out of here and tell my family and friends about me being valedictorian. I was so excited and I wanted to share that with the people I loved.

I just hope when I tell them it doesn't seem like I'm gloating, but in all honesty I don't think any of them would think that of me.

I was bored out of my mind, and all I could do was think for the next hour or two.

I put my head in my hands and began to give lala land full control of my brain.