nine- The Beginning of the End

Ro hadn't talked to Mico since Tuesday. Now it was Friday, and ball had arrived. She needed to talk to him about what was going on. On the way back from the hospital, they had a mini-fight about Jesse, and Ro felt miserable that she hadn't explained herself properly.

It was around one when she walked over to the house next door. Danielle and Sam weren't home yet, but Rosalina knew they would be waiting for her to come over later so they could help her get ready. She paused a moment to take a deep breath before she knocked on the door.

Mico took his sweet time getting up from his perch on the couch to answer the door: he knew it was Ro. He didn't want to talk to her just yet because he didn't want to acknowledge the fact that he'd overreacted. She was allowed to have friends. They were not even dating.

He opened the door to see her biting her lip anxiously.

"Hi," she said anxiously. She was nervous as hell. It was the day of ball. Why did they wait so long to have this conversation?

"Hi," he echoed, stepping back so that she could enter. She walked into the house and headed towards her favorite leather couch in the living room. The sound the material made when she sat down made her feel at home.

"So...what's going on?" She ventured, folding her legs underneath her. Mico closed the door, came into the living room, and sat on the opposite side of the couch. His legs were stretched out on the couch as he leaned sideways, facing her.

"I shouldn't have bugged out." He said, and Ro met his gaze. He continued, "I'm sorry that I didn't understand the situation. I didn't want to think about the fact that he was there for you when I wasn't." He put his head down and looked at his hands in his lap. Ro felt sad for him because he hadn't been there for her, but he seemed now like he wished he had.

"Mico, I just wanted you to stay. I wanted you to make me laugh. You scared me." She told him, tears forming in her eyes. She took a shaky breath in before she added, "You're forgiven." He looked at her and smiled, waiting for her answering smile. It didn't take long before she cracked a grin.

A tear slid down her cheek and she hastily wiped it away.

"Everything's good for tonight, right?" She asked, afraid of his reply. What if he'd given up on her in the last four days? What if he didn't want her to go and he'd invited Alexia again? What was she going to do? She'd go home and sit in her room crying like a baby. She wanted to keep crying at the thought.

"Yes," Mico said, "Now stop crying and go home for me before Danielle and Sam get home so you can come over later for them." He was smiling again and God she loved it. Ro's lips moved on their own as she leaned forward to press her mouth against his.

Their kiss was short, but to the point. They meant something to each other. Tonight was the night they'd both prove it.

When his little sisters got home, Mico made them settle down by attacking them. He wrestled them both to the ground, punching and tickling them both until they begged him to stop. He was laughing the whole time. He just wanted them to relax enough so that when Rosalina came back to get ready they wouldn't maul her with thier enthusiasm to help.

At 4:30, Carlie arrived home, carrying Rosalina's dress into the kitchen. Mico tried not to look at it because he wanted to be surprised, and Carlie had no qualms about that. She skirted behind his back and put the dress in the bathroom. She turned on the radio, blaring Kiss FM and spread out her own make-up across the counter.

"Mom," Mico complained, "You're not the one going! Rosalina is, Rosalina, not you or your daughter. My girl." His mother laughed, paused, and laughed more. "What?" He asked, semi-amused by her antics.