Say Yes

I felt him before I saw him. I was curled up against Steve’s chest, one leg wrapped around him. Every time I took a breath I smelled his cologne. It was faint, like he hadn’t needed to put on a lot, and it was good. I had one arm around him and one squished up against his chest.

I mean, this was okay…it wasn’t normal, but not bad. Definitely not what I expected. I pulled back to look at his sleeping face and I held back a giggle. He was just so cute in his sleep I couldn’t help it.

I tried to move my legs slowly, pulling myself away from him. He stirred halfway through and I was tempted to wake him up with a few kisses, but I refrained. Somehow I managed to get away from his strong grip on my hip and slide out of bed.

I pulled my hair up into a messy bun from my sitting position on the edge of the bed. I picked up my underwear from the floor, a little skeptic, and fidgeted while I stood up. I highly doubted I’d had sex.

As I watched Steve for a minute, sliding back on my thong, I remembered him taking care of me while I was puking. I kissed him on his forehead and grabbed my phone.

“Thank you,” I whispered, before I left the room to look for Matt.

I found him outside the bedroom, right at my feet when I walked out. I almost tripped over him actually. He stirred when I gently poked him with my feet.

“Hey sleepy head,” I mumbled as he woke up. I crouched down and pushed his bangs back from his forehead. I felt bad about getting so drunk that I couldn’t remember what my night had been like.

“I’m sorry about last night,” I said as he sat up. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and smiled at me.

“I’m sorry too. I wanted to make sure you were alright, but Steve was still with you, so I just slept out here. Want to go get some breakfast? I’m starving.” He replied, reaching to kiss my forehead. I smiled and nodded, helping him to stand up.

I followed him out to his car where we’d parked it last night and got in when he unlocked it. We turned down the radio so he could nurse his hangover. His sunglasses immediately found their way from the cup holder to his eyes.

“Where to?” He asked. I thought for a minute, biting my lip. “You’re so cute when you do that,” Matt added, making me blush.

“IHOP!” I chirped, thinking about the kind of breakfasts I’d been eating the last two days. He nodded his head and pulled away from the curb, headed in the direction of the expressway that would take us there.

We didn’t really talk, but I think that’s because he had a headache. I opened the window a little bit, just to let some air in the car because I was hot.

Not thirty seconds later he rolled it back up and said that he preferred to avoid that noise that hurts his ears when the car goes over 60 mph with the window down. I swallowed my retort, just glad he was there with me.

It wasn’t that long until we reached IHOP, so when we did I was glad to get out of the car and feel the chill of the morning. Before we even reached the door I got my first chill. Matt put his arm around me before he opened the door and let me in first.

“Thank you,” I smiled shyly, approaching the hostess whose face was a picture of fake cheer.

“Welcome to IHOP. Two?” She gestured towards the two of us and Matt answered before I could nod. He kept one hand on the small of my back as the hostess led us to a table in the middle of the restaurant.

She handed us both menus as we sat down across from each other and I thanked her. I had the menu open before she spoke again.

“Your server will be right with you.” She said, turning to walk away. Matt began leafing through his menu as well and I found myself looking up at him slyly.