twelve- Out With A Bang

Author's Note:

Guys, I'm sincerely sorry. If you only knew the confusion I've been going through. Senior year's a bitch, don't listen when people say it's easy. There's so much going on and as a person I'm changing. I think.

Anyways, over Thanksgiving break I got to spend some time with my inspiration, and I really do like the way our relationship is right now. We're comfortable pushing each other around, tickling, and tormenting each other. It's like he forgot that I used to be obsessed with him! Amazing. I think of him as my brother :), but for the purposes of Ro and Mico....I'll use my vibrant imagination to spice things up. ;)

Thank you so much for your patience with me.

______________________________________________________________________

Ro slammed the car door, stood a moment breathing in the atmosphere, and then headed towards the front door. In her heels, pencil skirt, and tight shirt, she felt great. She put effort into her make-up; she put effort into her whole look. She wanted this to be a night to remember.

As they opened the door, Ann pulled her by her hand into the house. Music shook the floor, bodies packed together left them little room to move, and the smell of alcohol and weed hung in the air. Ro smiled to herself, happy she'd come.

They passed Gabe and a few other girls from school but the two girls were focused on finding themselves a drink. In the kitchen, Ro grabbed a cup for herself and her friend and took the bottle of vodka from the counter. As Ro poured some into their cups, she left herself without soda. To Ann's she added orange pop.

Ro smiled as she hit her plastic cups with Ann's, making a toast.

"To douchebags and the girls that fall in love with them," Ro shouted over the music. Ann giggled and didn't stop chugging to finish her first cup.

Ro did the same, tipping the warm liquid into her throat, wanting to smile but knowing that if she did she'd have vodka all over herself. At the end of her drink she set the cup down, feeling wrong about the situation.

She knew everyone there, she trusted herself to get drunk with them, but after one cup she thought she should stop. Ro's stomach knotted up and she headed towards the living room to dance, hoping the feeling would go away.

After a song with Ann, Gabe grabbed Ro from behind and pressed his body against hers. Ro smiled, having missed some contact with Gabe. He'd been a social pariah towards her since her "mono" hospitalization.

"Where's your boyfriend?" He yelled in her ear. Ro shook her head, leaned towards the floor and pushed her ass into his crotch.

"He's not my boyfriend!" She yelled, laughing to herself. He never would be.

Ro stayed with him to dance for a lot of songs, but eventually sat down. She was feeling woozy by about ten thirty. Though most of her friends around her, including Ann who'd consumed three more drinks, were trashed, Ro felt too sick to take one more sip.

She was tipsy though. She wondered when she'd become such a lightweight.

Ro knew there was a reason drinking was a bad idea, but she couldn't remember it by that point in the night. Her stomach hurt, her head was pounding, and she was sitting on a couch with a classmate, unsure of how to feel.

The boy next to her leaned close to her, brushing his hand up her arm as he yelled, "Are you okay?!" Ro nodded slowly, feeling as if she was foggy. She turned her head to attempt a smile, but she turned and felt as if she'd be sick.

She was looking at a killer.

Jared Poletty seemed confused by her reaction, concerned even. How dare he be concerned? Tears filled her eyes as she looked into the eyes of the boy that killed her best friend. She jerked her arm away and stood up abruptly.