Chapter 49

"Why do we need to leave now?!" I asked as I helped Liam put away his clothes.

"Modest called and said that they're suspecting a HUGE crowd by three, so we need to go."

"Where to?"

Liam hesitated for a minute. I could tell by the look in his eyes that I wasn't going to be happy after his next statement. His uncertainty bore through me like a drill, and suddenly, it hit me.

"No." I said softly "Please don't-"

"It's time we all go home." Liam said in a monotone.

"No..." I trailed. "seriously?"

Liam nodded. "It wasn't our decision. Modest is willing to send us home for the spring to see our families."

"It's only March!"

"I know, I know, but we just need some time to ourselves."

I sighed. I wasn't completely sad, I would've left at the end of the week, but to say goodbye now for three months was going to be harsh.

"We can still call each other." he said. "And Skype."

"I know..." I started. "I'll just miss you guys."

"You can sign a new Annual Contract after our break and come back on our next tour."

"I will." I said softly.

----------------

After a deep conversation with Dallas about me leaving, we decided to break up. We lived on opposite sides of the country, and with both of jobs, it was going to be hard to keep up. I was devastated that I had to do it, but I did. The last thing Dallas said to me before leaving our hotel was "Good luck" in which I had no idea what it meant. I was tempted to call him after he left, but I knew that it would be easier to get over him by just ignoring the fact that he existed, so against all odds, I deleted his number.

"Are you okay?" Asked Harry when he came into my room I was sitting silently on my bed, watching tv.

I pressed the mute button and turned to look at him, trying to smile, but just couldn't. "I'm...I'm okay," I said. "you?"

Harry sighed and sat down at the edge of my bed. "Same."

"When are we leaving?"

Harry glanced down at his watch. "Now, actually." he said. We both got up, and grabbed our luggage. We met the boys in the hallway, and all trekked to the lobby. Louis and Niall were jumping around; excited to see their families. Zayn, Liam, Harry, and I were stalking down the hall solemnly.

--------------

We were in the airport, with a band of bodyguards, about to part our separate ways. We all gave each other massive hugs, and bid our goodbyes. My plane to Richmond was boarding now, so I had to leave first. The boys were going to take all separate flights back to their homes.

"Bye Harry." I said, giving him a big hug. I could just hug these boys forever.

"Bye, Hayley." he said, his voice cracking. I think he was the only one crying.

"Bye Zayn." I said.

"Take care." he responded, embracing me.

"Goodbye Liam." I whispered to the next boy, giving him a tremendous hug.

"See you, sweetheart." he said back.

"Hayley!" moaned Louis, grabbing me. "Don't go!!!!"

"Were else could I stay?" I said to him. "And what about my family?"

"Stay with ME!" he cried.

"Somehow, I don't think Eleanor would approve." I said, jokingly. I hugged him, and went to the last person in line, Niall.

"Bye, Furby." I said, throwing my arms around him, and fake-crying. "I'm going to miss having a pet Furby instead of a gross smelling Niall!"

Niall grunted huffed. "Well I'm NOT going to miss having YOU around."

I let go of him, and looked him dead in the eye; crossing my arms.

"Just kidding." he said in his adorable Irish accent. "Text me a pic tomorrow when you be your cast off."

I nodded. "Will do."

"Last call for flight 463 to Richmond!" boomed the speaker.

"I've gotta go." I said.

The boys were silent for a minute. Harry was wiping tears from the corner of his eye.

I smiled. "I'll be back, you guys. Don't think this is the end, because it's not."

They were still silent.

I turned my back, and made my way to the terminal gate, just a couple feet away from the boys. I handed them my boarding pass, and boarded the plane in first class.

About twenty minutes later, we were about to takeoff, when I noticed something outside my window. Actually, it was people! I squinted my eyes in the LA sunlight, and saw the boys waving to me from the ground! They were smiling and dancing too. I looked down, and smiled with them. I waved back. Suddenly, I remembered my necklace. I never took it off since the day I got it. Frankly, I almost forgot I had it. I touched the metal heart, reciting the words "till death do we part" in my brain. The plane started its engine, and drove onto the runway. I quickly sent one more text out to the boys before I had to turn my phone off.

Hayley: I love you guys <3

THE END.

------------

Hiiiii everyone. Don't be sad. I just ended book 1. I plan on writing this series until Hayley graduates high school, so I've got two more books to go! The second one, which I will release on September 1st, is called Can You Understand? Can You Manage? has been really fun to write, and I hope you guys liked it and follow through with the second book. Trust me, things get pretty weird, crazy, and funny like always. Thank you for reading Can You Manage? and I hope you'll like book two.

Oh, and I saw This Is Us in 3D!!!!! It's so funny and cute. You guys should go see it!

Best wishes to all.

<3