Chapter 17

It was only moments until my performance. For weeks, I was watching the boys perform. Now it was my turn to take the stage. My hair was in a bun, and I was in a light blue leotard. My face was covered in makeup I never usually wore.

"Evans?" said a man in a headset. I knew what that felt like.

"Yes." I said. I took out my paper white skates, and uncapped the blades. I tugged at my tights, and felt my toes in my fuzzy sand-colored UGG boots. I felt a bit nervous, JUST practicing my routine about an hour ago. It included a triple-lutz at the end and I literally hadn't practiced in two months. I was so scared I was going to fail miserably, because I usually practice five hours a week, but since I went on tour, I didn't have time.

I sat on a bench in the waiting area and put on my skates. I placed my boots under the bench, and carefully walked to the edge of the rink.

"Next we have Miss Hayley Evans." Someone said.

I inhaled and stepped out onto the ice. Then I exhaled. I was getting butterflies in my stomach.

My music started playing. It was a piano version of Grenade by Bruno Mars. I began my routine with doing a figure eight on one foot. I slowed down and lifted my leg to my head, and spun around extremely fast, my head began to hurt.

I slid into a slpits. Then I got up, and did a triple toe-loop. Then my swizzle, then a loop jump. I almost lost my balance there. I did my camel spin, then finally, the hardest move I mastered, my triple lutz. I threw myself in the air and spun. I landed on one leg. The crowd cheered. I couldn't help from smiling. I felt free on the ice. I saw posters suddenly. The crowd had posters with MY name on them! I looked closer and saw that it was incorporated with the 1D logo. I had fans!

I looked further into the audience and saw Shelby!

I waved to her and she waved back.

I quickly skated to the edge of the rink and then removed my skates. I put on my UGG boots and ran around the rink to Shelby. I threw my arms around her. "You came!" I cried.

"Wouldn't miss it." she said.

Some girls came up to me, jumping up and down.

"CAN YOU SIGN THESE?!" they asked.

"Sure!" I said, grabbing their pens and signing their posters.

"Can we get a picture?;

"Of course!" I said, posing next to the girls. After they left, three camera men came up to us.

"Hi, I'm Amy from Local News." she said in a mic. "I was wondering what it was like to be chosen as the biggest boyband ever manager, AND live a parallel life as a figure skater?"

"Honestly, I haven't touched the ice since October." I said.

"C'mon, Hayley." Shelby said, grabbing my arm.

"Is that your sister?" The woman asked. I nodded. "You're Shelby Evans!" She cried.

"The one and only." Shelby said, while sipping her Starbucks.

"How unusual!" The woman said. "Two people are from the same family and are both randomly famous for two totally different things!"

I nodded.

"How often do you see each other?" She asked.

Shelby and I exchanged glances.

"Well, this is the first time I've seen her in two years." I said. "With a normal life."

"Oh, wow!" said the woman. "Hayley, were are the boys?"

"In Orlando." I said. "Enjoying the sunshine."

"How long are you here for?" the woman asked.

"Well, I'm leaving tomorrow morning to catch up with the boys in Alabama." Today was my last day in Chicago.

"Well, nice chatting with you." the woman said.

I turned to Shelby.

"Can You take me to the city?" I asked "Please?"

Shelby checked her watch. "Ok, fine. We've got four hours."

"Yay!"'I cried, giving her a big hug.

-------------

"Take my picture!" Shelby said, holding up a monster in front of the Sears Tower, one of the tallest buildings in the world.

"Put the drink down." I said. "Mom and dad aren't going to be too happy if they seem that."

"Oh, right," Shelby said, unamused "they're the anti-monster enthusiasts."

I snapped a picture of Shelby in front of the huge tower.

"I hear you can see one of the great lakes from the top." I said.

"Put the drink down." I said. "Mom and dad aren't going to be too happy if they seem that."

"Oh, right," Shelby said, unamused "they're the anti-monster enthusiasts."

I snapped a picture of Shelby in front of the huge tower.

"I hear you can see one of the great lakes from the top." I said.

Shelby checked her watch. I thinks it's time we go, sis. Stand here, and I'll take your picture." Shelby snapped a picture of me.

I sent it to the boys.

Liam: are you cold???

he asked, seeing me in my blue peacoat, black scarf, mittens, and hat.

He texted a picture of himself topless at a pool. It was nice and sunny.

Liam: met up with Jackie today at her flat. Did you know that Floridians get more rain than sunshine every summer? I think that's bogus!

Me: hmm, wonder why it's called the sunshine state?

"Ok, let's go." Shelby said. She flagged down a taxi and got inside.

I took one last look at the city, and smiled.