Chapter 8

"Hey, pass me the pillow." I groaned as I hit my head on something hard. We were on our way to Whales, and it was five in the morning. I'm not exactly a morning person. I felt a pillow hit my head. I sat up, and surveyed my surroundings. I was sleeping on one end of the plane, alone. Zayn and Louis were sitting together on the other end, watching something on their computer screen, and Niall, Harry, and Liam were playing go fish on the ground with a blanket wrapped around themselves. England isn't exactly warm at the end of October.

I was trying to get some sleep, but also just reminiscing the past two days and how I still felt like such a fangirl. I also still couldn't believe I was chosen! I mean, it was all by chance after round one of elimination, but out of millions of people, I was chosen. I was the chosen one. Heheh, that actually sounded funny. The chosen one. THE CHOSEN ONE. ThE cHoSeN oNe.

"I WIN!" Niall cried, throwing his cards down. "HAHA, YOU LOOSE!" Niall started doing a victory dance that consisted of jumping up and down like popcorn.

"NUH-UH! You cheated!" Harry cried, also throwing his cards down.

"Allright, allright," said Liam, "we've been playing for three hours. I'm done."

"I won! I won! I won!" Niall cried, still jumping around.

"AH SHUT IT!" Harry cried. "It's not like you lost all the other matches!" Harry stomped over to me. He sat on the other recliner and turned on his laptop.

"sup." I said, testing his American slang.

"hi." Harry said. "I just lost twelve go-fish matches."

"Hmm, I would've never guessed that after you claimed Niall cheated."

Harry snickered. "Harry Styles may not be the best at go fish, but he IS the best at getting the ladies..."

I was only fifteen. Harry was nineteen. There was a FOUR YEAR DIFFERENCE between us. I wouldn't care if Harry liked me, but I play hard to get no matter who it is.

"Oh, go make out with your boyfriend." I retorted, pointing to Louis.

"I heard that!" Louis said.

"NO ONE said you were a lady." Harry shot back. Wow. That was a lame comeback. Even worse than my Niall-the-food-hoarder joke yesterday.

"Look at me!!!" I said, standing up and throwing my arms in the air. "I've got the full package!"

Harry glanced at me and smirked.

Oh crap.

"Harry!" Louis cried from across the plane. "What are you making Hayley do?!"

Oh crap.

"Hayley, come here, and sit with the GENTLEMEN." Niall said. I couldn't believe what Harry made me do. I thought he was a good man, like Liam, but I guess those guys are hard to come by.

This was going to be a long, long, tour.

*************

We were in the car to our hotel for about twenty minutes. I was sitting in between Louis and Zayn, and across from Harry, Niall, and Liam.

The ride through the rain storm was pretty silent except for the last few minutes when Harry decided to say something.

"I'm sorry, Hayley." he said.

I glanced up from my iPhone in my gloves to stare into his bright eyes. He was much more than a player. He had some sentimental value and sincerity that many people overlook.

I sighed. "Ok, I forgive you." I said, reaching across the car and hugging him in his long, grey trenchcoat. I felt his arms wrap around my back and his chin touch my yellow beanie.

"'Yer hair's pretty curly." Harry said, letting go of me.

"Not to mention, a whole lot softer than Harry's" Said Louis, tugging at my stomach long curls. I fixed the buttons on my blue peacoat.

"Not softer than my hair though." said Zayn with shake of his head. I was thinking that this could lead to some ridiculous argument, that only certain boys have, but it was funny to watch the group voice their diverse ideas.

"It's prettier though," said Niall, who began to blush.

"Thanks." I said. "I've just started using this new conditioner, and after three weeks, it's supposed to make it unbelievably soft." immediately, all the boys began touching my hair.

"Ok! Ok!" I said, pushing their hands away.

"WE'RE HERE!!!!" Louis cried. I tried looking out the dark windows of the taxi. It was pouring, and there was a huge line of people outside of the hotel.

"Why is there people lining up out there in the rain?!" I asked, astonished.

The boys began to crack up. "They're waiting for us!" Liam cried. The taxi driver opened the door for us, and we made our way out. There were reporters and screaming fans all over the place. Frankly, I was getting a bit scared. I guess Harry and Niall saw my terrified face and grabbed my hands, and walked me through the crowds.

"Hello, Ms. Evans, we've been expecting you." said a reporter. "How are you liking your job?"

"Hayley!" another reporter cried. "Who at you wearing?"

"Um, Candies." I said, thinking about where I got my peacoat from.

Niall bent his head down to my ear to talk over the screams and said, "You don't have to talk to them if you don't want to."

I nodded, still spooked. I couldn't even see where we were headed. "Are we going to our rooms?" I asked.

"We'll be there in a few minutes, sweetheart." Louis said. "Don't be scared."

I yanked Harry's arm down to get his attention. He brought his ear down to me. "I'm scared." I said nervously. Harry squeezed my hand and smiled at me, giving me some reassurance.

We finally reached our hotel room, and all of our coats were soaked. I plopped down on the giant king bed and close my eyes. "I'm ready to sleep." I said, yawning.

The boys laughed. "We're only here to drop off our stuff, we've got to get going to rehearsals." Said Zayn.

"What?" I pouted. How long would this go for? "Do we have to go back through the crowds again?!"

"Well..." Began Louis. Then, Harry opened the window and looked out.

"C'mere," he said, beckoning us over. I was hoping there wouldn't be any screaming fans. I looked out of the window to see a bare alley way. What a view.

"I know how we can get out." he said, deviously. I glanced down, and gulped.