Chapter 26

"Oh, thank you." I said, when the waitress handed Niall and I our hot chocolates.

"No problem." she said with a smile, and a wink at Niall. Niall blushed. "I'll be out with your meals shortly."

"So." I said, when the woman left. "How are you feeling?" Niall was wrapped up, head to toe in a blanket. Once he made it to the front steps of the cafe, he fell over from exhaustion. Luckily, I was right behind him to get him up, and open the door to the almost empty cafe. After that, the waitress grabbed a fire blanket and helped me take off Niall's soaking shirt, and wrap him in it. The poor boy was too cold to even talk. Anyway, we realized, that Niall's wrist and forearm were so bloody after his skin cracked. Apparently, we were walking through the worst snowstorm in Denver history. When we sat down at the booth, I realized I had cell service again, and missed 15 calls, five with voicemails from the boys. They kept asking me where we were, and told us to get inside now.

When the waitress came out with our lunches, I asked her if she had a first aid kit. She said yes, and brought it out.

"Give me your arm." I said, reaching across the table.

"Do you know what you're doing?" Niall asked.

"C'mon!" I cried. "One of the requirements for the junior manager was to be first aid certified!"

Niall reluctantly gave me his arm. I grabbed a napkin and dipped it in water. Then, I rubbed it against his arm and wrist.

"Ow!" he cried, going red in the face.

"Sorry." I said. "But until we see a doctor, you're gonna have to deal." I took out an ACE bandage and gently wrapped it around his arm. "There." I said, pinning it when I was done. "That should help for a day or two."

Niall lifted his arm to his face and studied it. "I can't move it well." he said.

"That's the point." I responded with.

Suddenly, my phone rang. It was Louis.

"Hello?" I said, while watching Niall try to pick up his fork.

"Hello?! That's all you have to say for yourself?!"

"Sorry Lou, I'm just glad I can reach you."

"WHERE are you two?" he asked.

"Oh, right." I said. I was so glad to hear his voice that I forgot about everything else...even Shelby.

I toned down. "Well, Niall and I were going to the movies. We decided to walk there since-"

"WALK!?" Lou cried. "ARE YOU CRAZY?!"

"-since it was just down the street, and the street was 99% empty."

"What do you mean, 99% empty?" Lou asked. "So you and Niall were the 1%?"

"Not exactly." I said.

Suddenly, I heard the door chime, and a bunch of teenage girls came in.

I quickly snatched Niall's shirt, and threw it over his head. "Fangirls a two 'o clock!" I cried.

"What?" Louis asked.

"Um, nothing." I said.

"So you were at the 1% part." said Louis.

"Um, ok. Well, we finally reached the theatre, when a snow truck came down the road, and plowed snow over Niall. His coat got drenched, and he had to take it off."

"I see." said Lou. "And don't tell me you guys were out during the blizzard?"

"Fine, I won't tell you then." I said.

"ARE YOU GUYS BONKERS?" Louis yelled. I literally move the phone away from my ear because he was so loud.

"Lemme talk to him." said Niall.

"No! Not while YOU'RE COVERED" I cried, glancing over at the girls who were waiting for a table. The waitress came over to us, and asked if she could be any more assistance.

I put my hand over my phone. "I know this isn't right, but could you please close down the cafe for us?"

The waitress bit her lip. I could tell that this place didn't get many customers, considering they were open Christmas day.

"I'll talk to my boss." she said, pulling out her phone.

"HAYLEY!" Louis yelled.

"s-s-sorry." I said. "Hey!" I added. "Give me a break ok? Niall's hurt and Shelby died-"

"NIALL?!" Liam yelled in the background.

"Well, to continue-" I began.

"What happened to him?!" Louis cried. "Let me talk to him!"

"Our cafe is closing down, girls, sorry." said the waitress. She flashed a smile at me. I mouthed, 'thank you' back.

"Ow!" Niall cried, lifting his arm.

"What's going on there? Where are you guys?" Louis cried.

I decided to come clean really fast. "The snow covered the signs, so we couldn't find our way back, and Niall got so cold, his skin cracked and bled. Then, he couldn't move, but then I got him to a local cafe called Cafe 24, down the street from the theatre. And now, he's sitting in a booth, half naked, with his arm and wrist wrapped in an ACE bandage, and-"

Niall quickly slid onto my side of the booth. He wrapped his blanket around both of us, and grabbed my iPhone.

"I'm curled up next to my favorite fan." he said, hugging me.

--------------

Again, I dedicate this chapter the the AMAZING Niall. The band wouldn't be a band without him.