Chapter 32

"What has gotten into your mind?!" Simon yelled, after the show. "Why did you do that?!"

"I...I...I didn't mean to!" I cried, tears falling. "Someone messed up their costumes, and I couldn't get the new pair if pants in time!"

"Why did you even bother?!" Simon cried, throwing his arms up in the air. "Just let them deal with it!"

"I didn't want Niall jumping around with pants that could just fall if he let go of the belt loop, and Liam's pants were bound to rip anyway, I at least TRIED to fix the problem!"

"By turning out the power?" Simon rebutted.

I couldn't argue with that. That was a bad decision on my part.

"I'm sorry." I said, wiping my tears.

"Well you should be." Simon said. "Poor Liam's going to get a heck of a hard time from the press."

And he didn't feel sorry for what I went through last week?!

"I said, I'm sorry."

Simon Just shook his head, angrily, and left. I leaned against the dressing room door and sobbed.

"Hayley?" Zayn asked, while opening the door. I turned around. He grimaced when he saw my tears. "I heard what happened between you two. I want you to know that it's ok. Everyone makes mistakes. You're not perfect, but you're a pretty clever girl to be in charge of us at the age of 15."

I nodded.

"And no matter what happens with us, we will always love you."

"Thanks, Zayn." I said, on the verge of tears again. "I'm just trying to make everyone happy."

"Start with yourself." he said, giving me a massive hug. "You're life is a mess now. Everyone else's is ok, but you, you need a break."

"We just HAD a break." I said.

"Was there ever a minute you weren't watching our every move?"

"Once."

"Exactly. You had to watch Niall with his arm, and help us learn to ski, and make sure Niall, Jordyn, and Harry didn't get eaten by that bear...I swear....only Harry..." Zayn trailed off. "but what I mean is, you need some time to yourself. To focus on your life, to win your figure skating competitions, and to help yourself heal your heart after Shelby's death..." Zayn stopped, after realizing he brought up a tender topic.

"You're right." I said, sighing. "I need to get away from you guys." I chuckled after that.

Zayn raised his eyebrows, but then laughed with me. "It's allright." he said.

---------------

It has been a couple weeks since the pants ripping incident. It was cover news for a few days, then, it subsided. Now, it's just a side article.

Of course, Liam was forgiving, but a little part of him wasn't, and I could tell. It wasn't that he thought I did it on purpose, it was probably just the sensitive side of him prolonging his anger. I felt really bad about it. I didn't want to be treated with less respect.

Anyways, I took up Zayn's idea of getting a break. I decided to skip three days and work on my ice skating routine, 24/7. I think that my talent was what got me through, because anyone who wanted to place in this competition usually practiced 4-5 hours a day. Sometimes more. I did when I was home, because we lived twenty minutes from the hockey rink. It was always a relaxing time for me. I just took my mind off everything and skated.

We were in Houston today. So I grabbed my duffel bag with my skates, and took a taxi to the nearest rink. Of course, the boys wanted someone to come with me, in case something happened, but I assured them that I would be okay.