Chapter 36

So it has been a bit over three weeks since I broke my ankle. Much to my relief, my wheelchair was abandoned today, so I could finally start walking on my foot again, but in my boot. I was supposed to go through physical therapy, but I was too busy to do so. So the boys always made sure that I was walking correctly. I received a pair of crutches on a doctor's visit in Seattle, so I occasionally used them.

Today we were performing in Reno, a city in Nevada, then tomorrow, we are going to VEGAS! Yup, that was the city I was most excited about going to. The boys however, were excited to go to Hollywood.

Today was Harry's birthday, and he kept thinking that we were going to surprise him somehow, so he kept snooping around. Here's what happened this morning.

-------------

"ITS MY BIRTHDAY!" Harry cried, jumping around in the elevator. We all sighed. Yes, we were FULLY aware that today was Harry's birthday, and I'm pretty sure millions of other people knew too. His excitement though, was kind of bothering all of us.

"Are we going to have cake?" He asked in his booming British accent.

"Harry-"

"Are we going to open presents?"

"Actually-"

"Are we going to see my friends?"

"Well-"

Harry gasped. "Are we going to have a party?!"

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STYLES!" I cried, through clenched teeth. "JUST SHUT UP!" The others gasped. "Sorry." I added.

"Nah, it's ok." he said. "There aren't any fans that ever say 'shut up' to my face."

The elevator doors open, and we walked walked out to our cab. Of course, there were like 400 fans outside, all screaming. Some had birthday posters. One girl came over to me, while everyone else was crowding the boys, and asked for a picture.

"You're a great role model." She said "Thank you for taking care of the boys."

"Oh, you're welcome." I said, giving her a hug. "and who might you be?"

"My name is Alex, and I'm 13 years old." she said.

"Oh, hello." I said.

"Can you give this to Harry?" she asked, holding out an envelope. "It's just a letter."

"Allright." I said, taking it from her.

"Thank you!" she cried, hugging me again. After she let go, I jumped into the cab, safe and sound.

"You guys have a letter." I cried, opening it up.

"Oh?" Asked Liam.

"Dear One Direction," I began. "My name is Alex, and I am 13 years old. I would just like to say thank you very much for all that you do."

"Wait," interrupted Harry. "Does this have ANYTHING to do with my birthday perhaps?"

Everyone groaned. "Give it a rest, Harold!" Louis cried.

"Anyways." I said, reading on. "I would not like to imagine a world without the five of you, you guys bring so much joy to my stressful life."

"Aww." said Niall.

"I would like to address each of you. First, Liam."

Everyone "oohed."

"Dear Liam, you are like, the soul in the band. You're voice is beautiful. I am so glad that you are part of the band because your smile always makes my day."

I turned to face Niall. "Next is Niall. You are the coolest person in the band in my opinion. You add the 'it' factor that without you in the band, it wouldn't be as successful as it is now. Thank you for all that you do."

Niall blushed. "That's me." he said.

"Dear Harry," I continued. "I love your cheeky side, who doesn't, but I also love your sensitive side. Even though you may seem quiet at times, doesn't mean that you still aren't fun. Thanks for bringing the fun into the band."

Harry smirked.

"Dear Zayn," I read. "Thanks for bringing the heartwarming side to the band. I love your fashion sense, and I'm always surprised at your short pieces of advice you give. Thank you so much."

"Dear Louis," I added. "You are the humor to the band. Without you, things wouldn't have been HALF as funny as things are now. Whenever I'm having a bad day, I just watch a video diary, and there you are, being funny. So thanks for that."

"Aww man." said Louis. "That was sweet."

"And finally," I continued. "Thank you to...Hayley." I looked up at the boys in shock.

"Keep reading!" Liam said.

"Thank you for being my favorite member of the band. Without you, this band wouldn't be complete." I paused, taking everything in. "I understand that you have been going through some hard times, and I want you to know that I care about you, and your value to the band. You, out of all five of the boys, inspire me the most. You show me that anything is possible if you believe in yourself. You've also taught me to keep your head up, because everything will be ok, so thank you, most of all. I am your number one fan."

It was dead silent in the car. Finally, after an awkward moment, Zayn spoke up.

"Wow." he said. "That was touching." Everyone nodded. I finally felt something that I haven't felt since I placed in the skate competition. It was happiness. True happiness. Not like 'Louis tells a stupid joke' happy, but genuinely happy in the world. It was a feeling that I've been LONGING to feel, and I was glad I finally found it.