Chapter 21

I ran through the dark and cold woods, muttering words to myself out of utter fear. The bare and dismal landscape was no match for my mood, and the topless evergreens covered in snow seemed to block out all life, and enclose everyone in, forcing them to take on the unknown terrains without any help from the sun. It was a peaceful place, however, that could change at any minute. I didn't know what to expect going into those woods, but I had suspicions of what would happen coming out.

"Harry?" I called, straining my ears for a response.

I heard a faint, but very discrete yell.

I ignored the gut-wretching feeling in my stomach, and ran. I needed to find Harry before the bear found him.

With loads of luck on my side, I finally caught up to him, who was catching his breath outside a cave.

"Harry!" I cried, mad. "Are you insane?!"

Suddenly, a growl was heard. It was low, and nasty.

I saw the color drain from Harry's face. His eyes widened, and his jaw dropped.

"I told you, there are BEARS here! Live ones, and HUNGRY ones!"

Harry was too scared to talk. Suddenly, we heard a roar, and saw a humongous brown bear emerge from the cave.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Harry and I cried. We sprinted away from the cave, consequently passing the out-of-breath Niall and Jordyn.

"RUN!" Harry cried. "BEAR!"

"Nice way to trick us." said Niall. I ran past the duo, screaming at the top of my lugs. I heard another roar, this one louder than the last. Niall and Jordyn turned around to face an eight foot brown bear, standing on its back legs, and his claws out.

Niall and Jordyn screamed, and followed us as we ran out of the woods, the bear on our heels.

"My shoes!" Harry cried, running up to some shrubbery at the entrance of the woods. He quickly grabbed them, and leaped out of the woods, along with Niall, Jordyn, and I. The bear came emerging from the woods moments later, and we sprinted through the snow, to the lodge. People were screaming and running. It was chaos.

Meanwhile, Liam, Louis, Eleanor, and Zayn were enjoying some hot tea in the nearby Starbucks. They were seated at the window, watching the snow fall. Quite peaceful, if you ask me.

"I haven't seen them come down the mountain once!" Louis cried. "Do you think they went back to their rooms?"

Harry, Niall, Jordyn, and I took a turn to the Starbucks. Harry's shoes were probably dry now, considering how fast we ran. However, the bear was still following us, and we were all freaking out. It roared behind us, and raced to catch up. Harry placed his arm on my shoulder, giving me a push to go faster. We all screamed at the top of our lungs, and I began to sweat down my back. We flew past Starbucks, and I barely caught a glimpse of the rest of the band and Eleanor, jumping out of their seats, and running to the window with gaping mouths as the giant, angry bear passed.

"Well, I think they're probably going back to the lodge NOW." said Zayn.

"I can't wait to hear how THIS happened." Liam said.

"Knowing Harry, this was probably his fault." Louis said, shaking his head. "Teenagers these days!"