Chapter 31

"Allright." I said, giving a thumbs up to the boys. "It's time."

I helped the boys find their lifts. We were in the understage area of a venue in Nashville. One of the biggest in the country. It was January 5th, and were back on tour. I was glad I was occupied again, because everything crazy that happened over Christmas is finally behind me.

I saw Harry fighting with Zayn. "Harry!" I cried, adjusting my headset. "Let's go!" I grabbed his shirt collar and pulled him over to his lift. "Get on!" I yelled, knowing that any minute now, they would rise. Harry began to remove his earpiece, but I grabbed his hand before he pulled it all the way out. It was WAY to loud out.

"No." I mouthed. The last thing we needed was someone to have a hearing problem. Niall was still wearing his ACE bandage, and was getting enough grief about it.

I shoved him onto the already-lifting-lifts, scared he wouldn't make it in time. Something about today gave me the feeling that something bad was going to happen. I knew it. Harry glanced down and gave me a "what the heck?!" look, while I crossed my arms. Finally, the lifts were sealed up, and the concert began. I rolled my eyes at the insanity, and walked up a flight of steps to the backstage area.

I was working on the sound system for a long while, when the boys ran back stage for their ninety second costume change. While they would change, a short video would play. I was assigned to assist Liam change, and it was kind of my guilty pleasure. I picked up a pair of dress pants that were hanging on the rack and handed them to him. I quickly unbuttoned his plaid shirt, and gave him his white dress shirt. As he buttoned it up, I grabbed his black vest. It was supposed to be ironed, but it was done terribly. I hoped the clothing people didn't mess up anything else. I finally finished buttoning Liam's vest on when it was time to go. I swiftly smoothed my hand across his chest, and let him go. He bounced back onstage, and the show continued.

About ten minutes later, I noticed something. Liam's pants seemed awfully tight. A button suddenly flew off, and no one noticed! They could rip at any minute! I glanced at Niall. His pants were sagging. Someone switched the two! That made me angry. However, I HAD to do something, because Niall couldn't keep his hand on the belt loop for the rest of the concert, while Liam was jumping around in broken pants.

I paced back and forth, thinking. Suddenly, it hit me. I sprinted over to the power box, and opened it. I gulped, and flipped the switch. The entire stage went dark.

I ran back to the side of the stage, where people kept questioning where I was. I quickly walked out onstage, limited with time before someone figured out that I just flipped a switch to turn off the power.

I made my way to Niall, stepping on Harry's and Zayn's feet.

"Ow!" they cried.

I finally reached Niall. Don't ask how I knew it was him. I pulled out his earpiece and explained the situation.

"Aye! So THAT'S why they're so big!" he said. I heard some rustling, and soon enough, felt his dress pants hanging over my arm. I needed to get HIS pants before they put the power back on, or he would suffer from hearing loss from screaming fans.

I found Liam, and pulled out his earpiece. "Give me your pants!" I cried. "They're Niall's!"

"What?" he asked, confused.

"Just give me them!" I cried, pressured for time. I finally felt another pair of dress pants laid across my arm. I handed him his actual pair of pants, then ran back to Niall.

"Here." I said, trying to catch my breath. These stages were huge.

"Thank you, Hayley!" he cried, grabbing them. I heard some shuffling, then began to walk towards the side of the stage, when I heard Liam's terrified call.

"Hayley!" he cried. "My trousers aren't fitting!"

I ran back to him. "What do you mean?" I cried.

"I think they're Harry's."

Ugh. I hated the people in charge of the clothes here. If Liam had Harry's pants, then whose was Harry wearing?

"Just...try to put them on!" I exclaimed.

Suddenly, heard a rip. Then the lights turned back on.

"HOLY CRAP!" I yelled over the hysterically screaming fans. Liam's pants, or well, Harry's pants, were ripped down the backside, exposing his boxers.

Liam blushed, and turned so that his backside was facing the screen behind him. Niall pointed to him and cracked up.

I heard a sharp voice in my headset.

"HAYLEY! What on EARTH are you DOING!?"

I glanced to the side, and saw an angry-faced Simon Cowell. I had no idea what type of trouble I'd be in.