85

Billie Joe stood on a chair as he placed garland over the door frame, finishing it off with a little bit of mistletoe. There was a Christmas tree in the corner of the room that wouldn't have been there unless this was happening. Christmas was always my least favorite. I hated it. From the ultra happy Christmas carols to the disappointing presents.

"I brought this for Frances." A woman with platinum blonde dreadlocks said as she handed a box to me. I scanned the room for Courtney, she was sitting with her daughter and Billy Corgan on the couch. I handed the box to her and sat on the arm of the couch.
"It's for bean, from Kat Bjelland." I smiled warming my hand on her shoulder. She carefully unwrapped he box and opened it.
"It's a giraffe wearing a Babes In Toyland t-shirt?" She looked up at me with a raised eyebrow. I shrugged a bit as Courtney laughed.
"You know she brought it to you because she's scared of me, right?"
"Why so?" Courtney pushed the stuffed giraffe to her infant daughter, bean hugged it close to her body and cooed.
"I was in Babes In Toyland once. Notice how she looks exactly like me? She stole my style. She thinks we came up with it together but it always was mine." She said angrily. I nodded politely.
"I'm going to go find Kathleen." I smiled. She nodded back.
"The queen of social anorexia." 

Kathleen was sitting at the kitchen table with Kathi Wilcox with a beer in hand.
"You wanna come with me when I take a smoke?" I asked her. She nodded, grabbing a leopard print coat off the back of a chair slinging it over her shoulders.
"I'll be back." She said placing her hand on Kathi's short blond hair and ruffling it slightly. Kathleen grabbed her beer off the table and followed me to the back door in the kitchen. She sat on a patio chair that had somehow not been covered in snow.
"You don't have to sit in snow." She laughed patting her lap. I sat down cautiously. Snow blanketed Seattle. My dog came running out of an open door that a man, or a woman who looked vaguely like Dave Grohl had shut after him.
"Courtney's so judgmental. She called riot grrrl "social anorexia." I sighed. Seconds later he was bounding towards us, his ears flapping like Dumbo's wings. His cold, wet, paws found themselves on my legs, the cold seeping through my jeans. My dog ran around our back yard chasing non existent small animals in the dark. My lit cigarette was a dot of light outside the dim cast of the of light that the patio door radiated from the warm air beyond the glass barrier. I curled into Kathleen's coat for warmth. I put my cigarette out in the snow.

"Krist will be back with Kurt soon." Kathleen said holding onto me as we trudged back inside through the snow. I shut my eyes, following her pull.
"We're not on the greatest of terms. I haven't seen him or called in a week." I admitted as she slid open the door.
"You guys lesbians now?" Buzz's bandmate, a man named Dale, asked noticing that we were holding hands. Kathleen shook her head.
"Just good friends." She smiled. The door opened and we all took that as a cue to be quiet. I quickly went into the living room and stood at the top of the stairs. He smiled as he saw me, Krist was lugging behind his suitcase. I wrung my hands as he slowly came up the stairs. He saw all of the people in the living room and his face dropped.
"Can I speak with you upstairs?" He asked grabbing my arm, it was not a question, more of an order in question form. I followed him upstairs into our bedroom. He shut the door behind him.
"What the hell!?" He asked angrily.
"I thought I was going to come home and it would be you and maybe my mom and Bean but no, it's the whole fucking gang." He said, his face, his features, radiated anger. I heard the door open and shut again. It was Kim Gordon.
"I heard you yell, we all did." She said looking down.
"And now I made myself look like a jerk who yells at his wife." He said sitting on the bed tangling his hand in his hair.
"Don't be pissed off at her. It was my idea." She sighed. I looked down at the carpeted floor sadly.
"Ruby come here." Kurt ordered, his voice cracking.
"I'll be downstairs." Kim Gordon said as she shut the door. I carefully sat beside him, he wrapped his arm around me and cried into the top of my head. I didn't hold him back, I didn't relax into his grasp. He didn't take the hint.
"I'm sorry." He whispered.