53

After the stream of music stopped and people began going home, I brought the girl around to the door Kurt and I entered from. The security guy raised an eyebrow when they said I had brought someone, but they didn't care. We walked back to where the room with the couch was. Krist and Kurt were sitting.
"Hi I'm Ivy." The girl said happily. Kurt raised his hand as a greeting and Krist said hello. I sat beside Kurt. Krist and the girl were getting awfully...friendly.
"I wanna go home." He said. I nodded.
"Hey, we'll catch you guys later." I said. Krist nodded.
"Be safe. I love you guys." He said.
"You too." Kurt said back. We snuck back to his car. I fell asleep as we were driving home. I woke up in Kurt's arms. He was carrying me upstairs, we were already in the house. I played asleep so I could be carried further. He gently placed me in the middle of our bed, covered me up, and went downstairs to see his sister. It wasn't long after that I fell asleep again.

I woke up that morning feeling nauseous. Kurt was already awake. I went to the bathroom and puked.
"What do you think this means?" He asked.
"Either I am sick or there are going to be a lot of changes in our life." I said. I was kneeling on the bathroom floor and he was standing in the doorway. He fed his turtles and gently petted them. I sighed.
"I'm scared." I said.
"Why?" He asked. He was smiling.
"Can you get morning sickness this early?" I asked.
"Yeah. In my medical books it said between 3-6 weeks it's normal. And you're two at most." He said. I nodded.
"We're okay." He said as he hugged me
"We still have 1 baby in the house." I sighed.
"She'll be almost a year old when it's born." I added.
"I know. You're so good with bean. Don't worry about it." He said.

There was a knock on the door. Kurt and I went downstairs and answered it.
"Package for..." The delivery man paused.
"Your name rubbed off in the rain." He said sheepishly. I inspected it.
"It says ruby, I can see that much." The guy said.
"Oh that's me." I smiled. The guy nodded as I signed for it and shut the door. I went upstairs and sat on the floor.
"Kurt bring me a knife." I said. I couldn't read who it was from. He placed the knife on top of the box. He grabbed bean from her play pen in the corner. I carefully opened the box and paused. Kurt sat beside me. I grabbed a letter that rested at the top.

Dear Ruby,

As you know, my daughter passed away. I decided to send you everything I found in her room that was about you. I also sent some of her clothes I think you'd like to have. After I sent this the first time, I had gotten it sent back, I guess you had moved in that time. I looked you up in the phone book back in Washington, and I found you. Call me if you get this. We love and accept you. Please visit at some point.

Love,
Ms. Judy Wilson