Chapter One Hundred and Seventy-Two: Escape

Dean found a side door and walked to the rear of the building. He discovered the employee parking lot where one vehicle was unlocked. It took very little time to hotwire the car.

He had not been formally charged so his things had been on the Sheriff's desk. He immediately called his brother. After teasing him about how illegal his phone call had been to the Police department, he asked where Sam was.

+++++

As Dean pulled into the yard of the old Welch home, he noticed a woman in the front seat with his brother. He slipped out of the stolen car and moved quietly towards the Impala. He was unarmed so he opened the trunk as quietly as he could. The situation inside Baby was so intense no one noticed him. He grabbed a weapon loaded with rock salt.

Creeping around the driver's side, Dean looked in and knew his brother was going to die unless he did something immediately. Whispering, "I'm sorry, Baby," Dean opened fire on the woman in white through the closed window.

He heard his brother saying something about taking you home and his car was driven through the front of the house into the building. He stood, staring in shock, then ran after them.