17. Broken.

Luke held onto my hand tightly as we walked over the field, back toward the Brooks house, scared that I'd run again. "Saskia, please talk to me?" He mumbled, "I'm worried about you." He finished and looked at me, sadness building in his big, brown eyes. "I don't know what to say, where to start." I replied, hoping bed drop it and we could just continue back to his house in a non-awkward silence. "I care about you Sass, I just want to help you." He continued, no such luck. I sighed and kept quiet, his grip loosened on my hand, obviously he was annoyed at me, but I couldn't tell him about my past, he'd never look at me the same again. I just wanted to be normal, or at least appear normal to everyone else.

We turned the corner, onto the Brooks street, "what the fuck!" Luke yelled, my heart sank and I knew exactly what was waiting for me. A police car was parked in front of his house, they'd be there for me. "Lets just go back to Jai and Beau?" I suggested, not wanting to set foot in Luke's house, "no way, I need to find out what's going on." Luke replied, letting go of my hand and running up to his front door. The door slammed behind him and I heard shouting, I couldn't run away now, I had no choice but to face my fears. I took a deep breath and made my way up to the front door, finally, pushing it open. I was met by Luke, Gina, Steve, Laura and a police officer.

"Where the hell have you been Saskia!" Yelled Laura as I entered, "we've been worried sick!" She continued and hugged me tightly, less angry than she had been at first. "I think we should talk in the kitchen?" Suggested Gina, "Luke, go and find Beau and Jai please." She said sternly. I shot Luke a look as if to say sorry, he just shrugged his shoulders at me and sighed, clearly pissed off and left the from door again. "Sorry for wasting your time officer, thank you for your help." Steve said and Gina showed his out of the house. I felt daggers from all three adults, the last person I wanted to hurt was Gina. "Tea? Coffee?" Gina offered Steve and Laura, they both asked for a coffee and I was told to sit at the table.

"Saskia, honey, why didn't you tell me?" Gina asked, handing Steve and Laura a mug each and settling hers down in ye spare seat, opposite me. "I don't know." I shrugged, "I just wanted to be normal." I finished. Steve sat beside me and sipped his coffee loudly, he put one arm around my shoulder and hugged me tightly. "Sass, just because you're a in care, it doesn't mean you aren't normal." He said comfortingly. I looked down and years built in my eyes. "All my life I've been known as the care kid, the one who has no parents, the weird girl. I've been bullied and secluded all my life, when I left school and got a job I met Luke, I made an amazing bunch of friends and it felt good not having my home life influence my social life. I felt normal, I felt like I was myself again." I began crying and Gina took my hand.

"Honey, kids are mean, you know you're like a daughter to me, and the boys adore you!" She tried to make me feel better, and it worked, a little. I smiled at her friendly face, her eyes looked saddened by what Laura and Steve had told her though. "Saskia, we had to tell Mrs.Brooks about your mum, she said about you screaming in the night." I swiftly let go in Gina's hand and wrapped my arms around myself, I'd never told anyone what had happened, I didn't want anyone to know. "Maybe we should leave, thank you Mrs.Brooks, I'm so sorry about all if this." Laura stood up from the table and tucked her chair back under, "please, call me Gina and there's no need to apologise, she's been through a lot and I'm always here if she needs to get away or needs someone else to talk to. You know that don't you Saskia?" Gina replied.

I nodded my head and hugged Gina tightly, tears streaming down my face, "Please don't tell Luke, or any of the boys?" I begged her, she hugged me back and I could hear her sniffling slightly. " I won't, but you should." She said seriously pulling away. She had tears in her eyes, "I will, when I find the right time." I nodded and followed Laura and Steve into the hallway. "Tell Luke I said bye." I hugged Gina once more and left the Brooks house. I climbed into the back seat of Steve's car, "I'm sorry Saskia, but we were going out of our minds." Laura said, I wasn't angry, just upset. I stared out of the window and Steve pulled out of the driveway, I saw the three boys walking back with Lala, joking around. I held my hand up to the window as Luke's eyes locked into mine, but he just looked away and continued laughing with his brothers.

I was broken, and soon Luke, Jai, Beau, James and Daniel would find out how broken I really was.

__________________________

I never really make a plan for what I write, I just write and see what happens. Like I literally have no Idea what's going to happen from now on, each chapter is spontaneous. So basically if there's anything you guys, as readers, want to see happen in the story, let me know and I can add your ideas! x