7. Assesment.

"Miss Beadle, nice to see you again, you're looking well." Mr.Bennett greeted me. He wore a navy suit with a light blue shirt and a bright red tie, I always got nervous when I was around him. It was mainly because I was so looking forward to leaving and I was scared I'd say, or do something that would prevent it. "Call me Saskia." I replied, I could hardly contain the nerves and my hands were shaking and I pulled out the chair to sit down opposite him. He pulled out a folder with my name on it and retrieved a few papers from inside. "Am I right in saying your last meeting was with Angie, two months ago?" He asked me, rifling through the papers and adjusting his glasses.

"Yes." I replied, sitting on my hands to stop them shaking and staring at my bare feet. I get lost for a minute or two, deciding whether or not to paint my toenails, when Mr. Bennett suddenly interrupted my thoughts. "So how are you feeling about the future?" He asked, that was a pretty vague question, I wasn't sure what he meant by it. "Happy?" I sort of questioned him back, he smiled and took notes. "Still working?" he asked again, I had two hours until I started work, two hours until I had to face Luke again. A three hour shift that would drag in awkwardness. "Yeah, it's going really well actually." I smiled back, I did enjoy work, but I think it was more Luke's company I enjoyed. "That's good news." He smiled sarcastically and continued writing notes.

"How about life here?" I sighed, bored of the same old questions. I just fed him the same answers as my last interview and then the dreaded last question arose. "What about the flashbacks?" They were less frequent than they used to be, "once, maybe twice a week." I replied, remembering I hadn't had my medication yet today. "Okay well I'll have someone asses your progress and get back to you." He said and shook my hand. Steve came over to check everything was okay, "breakfast is in the kitchen Sass" He asked as he said goodbye to Mr.Bennet and lead him to the door, looking back every so often. They were clearly discussing my 'progress' and sighed once more and left the dining area.

The kitchen smelt of bacon, assuage and eggs and I noticed my usual breakfast, of coco pops, wasn't on the side or the table. "I made you pancakes." Laura appeared smiling as she placed a stack of pancakes and syrup on the table. "I know how dreary and horrible those meetings can be", she laughed and sat down beside me. Laura had been a care kid too, which was probably why she was so caring towards us. I began eating and Laura sat beside me, sipping coffee, "seeing Luke today?" She teased, we always had girly catch up sessions and somehow they always ended up with Luke as the subject. "Yeah, I have work in an hour." I remembered, feeling a bit sick as I swallowed another mouthful of syrup. "Want a lift? I have to take Charlie and Anna to the centre for some new clothes." She smiled, making me feel more comfortable.

Charlie and Anna were two of the newer children at the home. They'd been abandoned and owned barley anything, I tried talking to them at dinner the night they got here but they didn't respond. They'd hardly said a word since they arrived three days earlier. "Please, you're a life saver!" I hugged Laura as I stood up from the table, "thank you so much! I better go and get ready." I continued running towards the stairs. Most of the children were out playing in the garden, so I managed to make it to my bedroom without any sniggering or pointing, for a change. I pulled my dress over my head and out it in my bad to change into after work, Along with a chunky gold necklace and a gold belt, I put on a pair of cut off, light denim shorts and a white top.

I found my freshly washed work top, a light blue top, which I had cut into a v-neck, cut the sleeves off and slipped it over the top. I took the row corners at the bottom of the shirt and tied the just above my belly button. The sun logo was on my left breast and on the back with Bennie's printed in black. I scooped my hair up into a messy bun and placed a white scarf around my head, the cross tattoo at the back of my neck looked more noticeable than usual today, but I liked it. I picked up my hand back, slipped on my gold sandals and ran down stairs. "Ready?" Laura asked, ushering Charlie and Anna out of the door, "ready." I nodded following the three if them to the car. I pulled out my phone, one message.

From: Luke x

I'm sorry Sass, just let me talk to you at work? See you soon x

To: Luke x

Do I have a choice? See you in ten x

Luke was already on shift with Ben so I doubt he'd even see my message. It was our turn to lock up today, which was usually my favourite shift, but today, I wasn't so sure.