6. Bullshit.

The hot water poured all over my body, instantly warming me inside and I gently scrubbed my body. I was careful around my cuts but had to scrub all the blood that had dried, it hurt, but only slightly. Now they looked like scratches, the blood was gone and all that was left was raised, bruised skin. I lathered shampoo into my hair and rinsed it, trying not to think about yesterday's events. I had to make a good impression on the social worker today, show him I was coping well so that hopefully I'd be able to live on my own in a few weeks time. I rinsed my hair and climbed out if the shower, trying not to trip over the obscene amounts if bath toys, Shampoo bottles and Barbies, littered around the bathroom floor.

I heard yelling and screaming from outside in the hallway, the younger children made this house unbearable to live in sometimes. I towel dried my hair and wrapped it up in a turban. I slipped on a fresh pair of underwear, a matching bra and a dark green, skater dress. I unlocked the door and stepped out into the hallway, the children all stopped and stared as I walked down the hallway, "it's the witch." One whispered to another, a few giggled and the rest ran in the opposite direction. "Hi Saskia!" Came the annoyingly cute voice of Grace, she skipped along beside me, humming a song. "Hey Gracie." I smiled and ruffled her Afro, making her giggle. She followed me upstairs and into my attic room, "watcha doooin'?" She asked sitting on my bed, making herself comfortable.

I removed the towel from my head and let my wavy, wet hair fall, "I have a meeting with the Social worker." I smiled at her and began drying my hair. She pulled a disgusted face, which made me laugh and she said, "they're scary." I nodded and Grace stood up, she walked towards the door, "I love you Sass." she shouted before skipping back downstairs. She was the only child I ever spoke to, she was sweet and giggly, like I had been at her age. She had been here since she was a baby and I'd taken to her instantly. "Love you too piglet." I called after her and stood up to shut the door. My phone began ringing from the other side of the room, I picked it up and looked at the caller ID, Luke.

Saskia: Hello...

Luke: Hey Sass, I'm sorry okay, meet me so we can talk?

Saskia: I have a meeti- I mean, I have something to do this morning.

Luke: What?

Saskia: it's just something with my- parents, yeah, my parents.

Luke: I can tell when you're lying Saskia, even over the phone..

Saskia: Look it's just something I need to do Luke.

Luke: If you didn't want to see me you should have just said instead of feeding me bullshit.

Saskia: I do want to see you Luke!

Luke: Then meet me!

Saskia: I can't until later.

Luke: whatever, just text me when you're done being 'busy.'

He hung up, sounding incredibly pissed off. Why was he being such an arsehole all of a sudden? We'd never fought like this before, maybe if was because I kept feeding him lies, but I needed to protect myself. In a months time I wouldn't have to hide my past or my life anymore. I'd be in a flat of my own and I'd just tell the boys I had moved out. "Saskia, Mr.Bennett is here." Steve opened the door and indicated for me to follow him. I quickly brushed my now, dry, hair and pulled it over one shoulder. I threw my phone into my bed and began walking down the hallway, full of nerves.