4. Go home.

I heard Beau, Jai and Skip laughing as they turned up the music in the car and drive off, Luke was still leaning against the wall, unable to see me. "Luke?" I whispered as I approached him, not wanting to startle him, and placed my hand on his shoulder. He shrugged my hand off of him, and turned his body, so his back faced me. "Luke, what happened?" I asked him, unsure of what had made him so mad, I walked around him and leant against the wall. Luke turned his body, so his back was facing me once again and I sighed. "Just go home Saskia." He muttered, but I refused to leave him on his own. I pulled him back and spun him, he had no choice but to look at me now. "What did I do?" I questioned him, scared that I'd hurt him in some way. Luke pulled from my grip and I saw anger build up in his big brown eyes. "I said go home!" He yelled at me and began walking away.

Even though we were in the middle of an argument, well, Luke being a prick, I couldn't help but stare at his bum in those right jeans. The material clung tightly to them and as he walked the material got tighter and showed of the small, pert shape. I found myself biting my lip, before remembering the bad mood he was in. "Luke!" I shouted, "I'm not leaving until you tell me what's wrong!" He turned to face me, his arms crossed against his chest. "You." He shouted back, hearing him say that felt like a thousand knives stabbing my heart. I had been the one to piss him off this badly? Luke and I had never fought before. "Me?" I stuttered, making sure I'd heard him properly. I walked towards him slightly and stopped inches from him. "Yes, you." He repeated, "throwing yourself at Beau, you're better than him!" He yelled, clenching his fists and looking down at the floor. "Sorry, what?" I laughed, why did Luke care?

"He'll chew you up and spit you out!" Luke continued, his hands ran down the side if his face, as if he was trying to wipe away the frustration. "Luke! I'm not throwing myself at Beau!" I laughed again, it was ridiculous that Luke thought that, Beau was practically my brother. "Jesus Saskia!" He laughed maliciously, "have you seen yourself?! You were draped over him like some cheap slut!" I felt tears brewing in my eyes as he said this. I had nothing to say to him, for the first time, I didn't want to be with Luke. "Fuck, just go home!" He laughed again and walked away. I had no energy or need to follow him, he'd hurt me badly, I hated him right now. "Screw you Luke!" I yelled as he turned the corner and the tears rolled down my face. I couldn't stop them anymore and I sunk to a heap on the floor. After a few minutes I picked myself up off the floor and headed towards the tram station, desperate to get home.

My mascara had run down my face and as I Paid for my tran ticket, I rubbed my eyes, smudging it even more. I should have told Luke how I felt about him, but he thought of me as a sister, the same love I felt for Beau. Why didn't Luke understand that? Why would he think I wanted Beau when all I wanted was him? I shoved my ticket into my pocket and continued questioning Luke's motive. Everything was so fucked up, Luke didn't even want me as a friend, let alone a girlfriend. The tram arrived at the station and I boarded, it was busy and I decided to stand by the doors rather than sitting between a nun and a mother with a screaming child. I looked around and realised there were a few people just staring at me, I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to face an old woman. "Are you okay love?" She asked, obviously aware of my distress. I nodded my head and looked towards the floor, trying to ignore the laughter and pointing of strangers, as they looked at me.

I arrived at my stop after ten minutes and practically ran from the station, I only had a two minute walk back to the care home, if I ran the whole way I could soon shut myself away from the rest of the world. I passed the entrance to the rich people's estate, where the boys assumed I lived, ran down a small alley way, jumped over a fence and was soon greeted by the same blue doors I'd left hours earlier. "Saskia?!" Steve yelled as I slammed the door behind me and ran upstairs to my room. He gave me more freedom than the other kids, mainly because I was almost 18 and wouldn't be there for much longer, and also because there was no one else there that I got on with. There was Grace, a tiny African girl, she was 4 and she often asked me to read stories to her and sing her to sleep, but everyone else was scared of me. "Sass?" Steve knocked on the door but I'd locked it behind me. Steve was like a father to me, he'd been there for me the whole time, but recently I'd shut him out. "Dinner is there if you want it love." He said gently, from the other side of the wooden door. "I'm not hungry" I called back and pulled the razor from my draw as his footsteps got further away.