8. Strawberries and cream.

I arrived at work, twenty minutes early and decided to treat Laura, Charlie and Anna to a smoothie. Laura found a table and I walked up to the counter, as I approached, Ben smiled from behind the till, "someone's eager!" He laughed, "brother and sister?" He asked nodding his head towards Laura at the far side. "No, that's my auntie and my cousins." I lied, "they're in town for a few days." I finished off, I could see Luke listening in from behind. "We'll I'll make these special then." Ben grinned, I made an order of 'pineapple and mango magic' my favourite, two 'marvellously mixed berries' and a 'blueberry bonanza'. I walked back over to the table before Luke could say anything to me and tried to strike a conversation with 'my cousins.'

"So how old are you guys?" I asked them, Anna held her fingers up, indicating that she was six years old and Charlie continued to stare out of the window. "Charlie's 13." Laura replied, smiling as the smoothies were placed on the table, "thanks Ben." I smiled handing over ten dollars, but it wasn't Ben's hand that took the money. I looked up into those familiar big, brown eyes and my heart sank into my stomach, how could I stay mad at Luke? "Sorry, thanks Luke." I smiled as he handed me the change and watched his bum in those tight jeans, return to the counter. "So that's Luke?!" Gasped Laura, "he's hot girl!" She laughed like a teenager and I nudged her and pulled a 'shut the fuck up' kind of face.

" Thank you." Charlie said as he slurped the rest of his smoothie through the straw, "thank you." Anna squealed, copying her older brother. Laura's mouth dropped at the sound of the siblings voices. "You're very welcome, now go and spend lots of money!" The four of us laughed and Anna even hugged me around the legs. It was nice to feel appreciated by some of the other kids, considering most of them hated me. "See you later hun." Laura hugged me and left with Anna and Charlie trailing behind her. "IM DONE!" Ben yelled and slammed his hat down on the counter, I walked behind and towards the till, it was 3pm on a Monday, so the smoothie bar was practically empty. "See you later, white girl." Ben winked and slid around the side of me, disappearing out of the back door.

I hadn't acknowledged Luke yet, I just clocked myself in on the till, placed my bag under the counter and placed my blue baseball cap on my head. "Sass?" I heard his raspy voice behind me, I turned around and was met by a pair of plump, rose lips, pierced with a metal ring. "I'm really sorry for doubting you." He whispered, putting his left hand on my right. I just shrugged him off and replied, "we need to work, we'll talk later." I took a few orders and Luke continued making the smoothies behind me, I knew he was upset, but I just wanted to concentrate on getting the orders done and the cleaning finished so I could leave. Two hours later the final order was placed, "two strawberry and cream dreams coming up!" Luke yelled as I passed him the order note and for the first time since I'd began work, I smiled.

That was the smoothie Luke had made me on my first day working here, it was his favourite. I carried the two smoothies over to the customers table, handed them their change and twisted the open sign, on the door, to closed. Luke had already began washing up so I decided to check all the fruit was in date, wrap it up properly and place it in the fridge. Soon the bar was empty and it began getting dark outside, "can you pass me the machine parts please?" Luke asked me, and the same as every other day I took the machine apart, but this time it didn't go quite to plan. Vanilla cream and strawberry smoothie began squirting out from all directions, covering my t-shirt completely.

"Luke I need help!" I yelled as he stood and laughed at me, I felt his arms either side of my waist as he tried to turn off the machine, but he only made it worse. "For fuck sake!" I yelled, slipping on the liquid spread across the floor. Luke grabbed my arm, stopping me from falling the whole way and pulled me up. I stood up, facing Luke, his face was inches from mine and as I found myself getting lost in his eyes, he wiped vanilla cream on my nose. I gasped and gathered a handful of strawberry smoothie, rubbing it into his hair,"that's it!" He yelled tackling me to the floor. As he placed me on the floor, his feet slipped and he landed next to me, both of us began laughing hysterically, covered head to toe in smoothies and cream.

________________

I'm on holiday at the moment which is why I haven't been able to post much but after finishing chapter 7 earlier, whilst sipping cocktails by the pool, I haven't been able to stop writing. OMG I'm in love with what's happening right now. The next chapter will definitely be posted at some point tomorrow! Night guys x