15. Nightmares.

I found my underwear and slipped it on, throwing Luke his and he did the same. Luke kissed the back of my neck, above the top of my t-shirt sweetly and rolled over so he was lying on his back. I laid on my back next to him and his fingers held onto mine, "that was amazing." He said breathlessly, both of us were panting, trying to breathe at a regular pace. "You can say that again." I whispered back, feeling he heavy weight of exhaustion on my chest. "That was amazing." Luke smirked, squeezing lightly on my hand. I laughed at his stupidity, squeezed his hand back and rested my head on his bare chest. I could hear his heart beating rapidly, the feel of his chest moving up and down was comforting and my eyes became heavy. "I love you Saskia..." I heard faintly as I drifted off to sleep.

Through the darkness I saw a familiar face, the face of evil. "Shhh honey, it's okay, daddy's just angry." My mothers soothing voice rang in the dark and I felt my hand slipping away from hers. "Go to bed darling, I'll come and say goodnight soon." She continued and stood up to face my father. "Michael, calm down!" She yelled as my father stormed into the kitchen, I followed, wanting to protect my mother, the worst decision of ever made in my life. "Shut up Sophia!" My father spat, slapping her around the face, causing her to fall to the floor. "Daddy, stop!" I yelled out, he ignored me and continued to hit my mother. "Saskia, go to bed sweetheart!" My mother yelled at me, that's when I knew it was serious, my mother never raised her voice.

"Who is he?!" my father shouted, drawing a knife from the block on the side and holding up to my mother, "leave mummy alone!" I screamed, cowering by the door. I hid around the corner as my mother and father continued fighting, covering my ears and sobbing into my nighty. Everything went quiet, I assumed the argument was over and I thought my parents would be perfectly fine. I stood up and walked into the door way of the kitchen, there my beautiful blonde mother lay, spluttering on a mouthful of blood, her throat slit. A pool of crimson liquid surrounded her, dying her golden locks red, taking her away from her my life forever. My father stood over her, a bloodied knife in his hand, "rot in hell, whore." He spat at her and dropped the knife beside her body.

He lit a cigarette, acting as if murdering my mother was casual, not a single sign of remorse. He hadn't seen me standing there, watching his every move, he turned his back to me and stared out of the window into the night sky. I ran down the corridor of our flat and his under my bed, "mummy, please be okay!" I sobbed, over and over again, hunching my knees up to my stomach and rocking. I heard a loud banging at the door, "ITS THE POLICE, IF YOU DONT OPEN THE DOOR WE HAVE PERMISSION TO BREAK THE DOOR DOWN!" A male voice echoed through the flat hallway. A few minutes passed and finally the door swung open, hitting the wall loudly.

Everything from that moment was a blur, I remember crawling out from my bed, watching my dad being handcuffed and laying next to my mothers lifeless body. I was taken to a colourful room, full of toys, paper and coloured pencils. A lady spoke to me, my nighty stained in my mothers blood, she asked me to draw what is witnesses. I drew my mother lying in a red pool and my father holding a knife. "Daddy hit mummy." I cried, "where's my mummy?" I asked her and she began crying with me. "Wake up!" She yelled, "Saskia, wake up!" My body shook and I screamed. Suddenly a bright light blinded me, Gina stood above me and Luke held onto my body tightly, "baby what's wrong?!" Asked Gina concerned, cupping my face in her hands and stroking my hair.

My body was covered in sweat, my heart was pounding and I had tears in my eyes. "Saskia?" Luke questioned if I was listening, if I was even fully awake, which I was unsure of myself. My reoccurring nightmare had ruined the most perfect night of my life. "Saskia?!" Luke repeated and held onto my arm, waving his free hand in front of my face. "Sorry, I'm fine." I spoke, emotionless. Gina hugged me and left the room to let Luke and I have some time to ourselves. "What happened to your mum?" Luke asked, sounding nervous. I looked at him, how did he know about my mum? "You were sleep screaming." He added. I just shrugged my shoulder, trying to stop anymore tears falling. "Nothing." I whispered, "I should go, I'm sorry Luke."

__________________________

Don't feel afraid to comment any suggestions or ways to make my fanfic better. I like hearing your comments and always take notes! x