16. Running.

I grabbed my bag and ran from Luke and Jai's room, along the hallway and into the garden, I couldn't see Gina and assumed she'd left the house. I took my clothes from the washing line, they were still slightly damp but I didn't care. I pulled my shorts up over my hips, buttoned them and shoved my shirts into my bag. I needed to get away from here, quickly, before Luke asked me anymore questions. I walked back through the house and to the front door, slipping on and buckling up my samples, Luke appeared behind me and held my wrist, "Saskia, don't leave! We can talk about this." He said nervously, obviously scared about what he had woken up to. "Luke, let me go!" I yelled, snatching my hand away from his and picking my bag back up from beside me.

"At least let me drive you home!" Luke yelled back as I opened the door. I turned to face him, he looked broken, but somewhat angry. "Just leave it Luke, I'm fine!" I snapped and walked out of the doorway and onto his front lawn. "You're not fine Sass! Talk to me?!" He begged, Lala jumped up at him, trying to comfort him but he shoved her back into the house and shut the door behind him. "I said leave it!" I yelled continuing towards the path, he shouted after me a few times so I began running, running until his voice was no longer visible, running until I didn't know where I was anymore. I looked around, dazed. "I'm sorry Luke." I whispered hoping somehow he heard me. I pulled out my phone, Luke was calling me.

Saskia: I'm sorry Luke.

Luke: Just let me help you Sass, please?

Saskia: no one can help Luke, this is something I have to do on my own.

Luke: Well come back here, at least until you're feeling better.

Saskia: It'll never get better Luke.

Luke: I'll look after you, I promise.

Saskia: I don't even know where I am.

Luke: just stay there, I'm coming to find you, okay?

Saskia: okay..

Luke: I lov- I'll be right there.

Saskia: I love you too.

I hung up, not wanting to waste the battery I had left on my phone. I don't know why he couldn't say it, he'd said it last night. He knew I loved him, why was he scared? I sat down on the curb, waiting for any sign of life, I wasn't sure if I was anywhere near home, I didn't have much sense of direction. Minutes passed, I was bored of sitting on my own and I realised it was only 9am. "Luke, where are you?" I whispered, tapping my phone against my leg, thinking about getting up and trying to find my own way home. I picked up my bag, swung it over my shoulder and stood up, looking at my surroundings. I plugged my headphones into my phone, placed them in my ears and turned the volume up.

A few cars drove past, but none of them where Beau's, a few people walked past, but none of them were Luke. I turned the corner, staring at the floor until something jumped at me, Lala. "Hey baby." I whispered, pulling out my headphones and stuffing them Into my bag. "Hey." His low, raspy voice came seconds later, I looked up and was greeted by those familiar bright eyes, Beau. "Are you okay? I saw Luke, he's worried about you Sass." He tucked my hair behind my ear and clipped Lala's lead back to her collar. "Where is he?" I asked, not completely convinced that I was ready to face him. "He went to the park Side, want some company?" He asked, offering to walk me back to his. "Sure." I replied, smiling slightly.

"What happened?" He asked as we walked towards the park, I was more familiar of my surroundings now. "I had a nightmare. I freaked out." I replied, not wanting to go into any more detail, Beau sighed comfortingly. "You know I'm always there if you need anything." He smiled and we entered the grassy field behind the park. I saw Luke and Jai in the distance, walking away from us. "FAGGOTS I FOUND HER!" Beau called and the twins began running towards us. Jai arrived first, exhausted, closely followed by Luke. Luke hugged me tightly, panting and stroked my hair, "thank god you're okay!" Whispered. Jai began wrestling with Beau and Lala whist Luke and I walked on, to 'talk'.

__________________________

I'm sorry this chapter isn't great, I'm back at work and this is all I could manage. I promise to try and make the next chapter better! x