Chapter 45: Epilogue

AN: Okay this is the last chapter for this book but I will be making a next book, so it will be the threequel. I am deciding on what to call it but it won't be out like tonight or anything. This is just like what is happening after Courtland is the new Lady and the intro to her kids. So I am going to finish at least one other book before I start the threequel. I will probably make a new status or message or whatever about.

But anyways enjoy the last chapter! The series is not all over yet.

Chapter 45-

Courtland's POV:

"Your Ladyship. We need a decision. Either we break trade with the elves or fairies." The guard said. Everyone was pissing me off. Honestly, rushing me with every decision. They were very rude about it.

"Give me a minute." I snarled. Everyone starred wide eyed. He didn't say anything and I took a deep breath.

"A rushed decision is a poor decision. A leader is better feared then loved." I said calmly. If you are loved, people can betray you easily. If you are feared, people will be scared to turn on you. The elves had good crafting materials for us. The fairies had nothing to our use. They would attack us though. I know the King would because he is an ass who attacked Nick.

"Break trade with the fairies. We need crafting materials more. If they want to attack. So be it." I stated.

"But my Ladyship...We could risk lives." Another man said. I starred at him for a second or two then spoke.

"We need crafting materials for weapons. What do the fairies offer us? I get talked down to by the King? If he wants to attack I will stand by myself and pike his head." I growled. I hated the Fairies. Ever since Nick, we haven't been on good terms. Several attacks on both sides, they were robbing us blind with trade and I had enough. The fairies were pissing everyone off.

"Yes, your ladyship." The man nodded. Everyone left and I sighed running a hand through my hair. I either had to wear a dress or I could wear my robes that I used to kill the dark angels. So obviously I picked the comfortable robes.

I starred at the ground when I heard a faint cry come from upstairs. My hearing was very acute. I got up swiftly and walked upstairs to the nursery.

Dimitri stood infront of Alessandra's crib. She laid on her back sobbing quietly after just waking from her nap. Cameron and Conner laid in their crib's sleeping as well, but in a different bedroom.

Dimitri picked her up and she immediately smiled and made little baby noises. Conner and Cameron were both just over a year, while Alessandra was just six month's.

"Did you have a nice nap?"He asked her craddling her to his shoulder. I walked behind him and rested my head on his back. I was exhausted. I hated being the Lady because it was like no rest. I was making decisions every waking minute of my day.

"I think mommy needs a nice nap." He whispered in her ear. I muffled a "yea" and I felt someone lightly grabbing my hair. Alessandra loved hair.

She loved playing with my hair or biting it.

I wasn't sure if we would have any more kids. I had to do so much that I barely get to spend time with them as of now. Dimitri has a little bit more time then me but most of their day is spent with the nanny.

"Your Ladyship?" My steward asked. His name was Calvin. He was nice and had a wife who helped out with the children.

"Yes Calvin?"I asked backing away from Dimitri and Alessandra.

"We have a situation." He said. I nodded and lightly touched Dimitri's arm before following him down.

"What's wrong?" I asked.