Chapter 20

Chapter 20-

Courtland's POV:

The pain...I could not bare another second of it. I was hungry and thirsty but I could barely lift my head. I barely slept. I kept waking up in even more pain. The captor came back every once in a while to make sure I was alive so he could hit me. Finally I gathered the strength to ask my mom something.

"Where is Dimitri?" I asked softly.

"We will go get him." She assured. They left and I believe I passed out because I opened my eyes to someone shaking me. I looked at an unfamiliar figure but then looked into his eyes and instantly knew who he was. This boy was angry and sad but I knew it was Dimitri...Although he didn't have black hair anymore and he got a bit tanned. He looked like...Thomas. Thomas...Thomas was a Kolev. I heard of some people changing on their eighteenth birthdays. It was mostly boys though. I didn't change.

"Dimitri?"

"Courtland..." He said sadly. He reached through the bars and placed his hand on my arm. My arm was broken and he lightly touched the disfigurement and growled.

"The next bastard that comes through that door to hurt you is dead." He promised angrily.

"Dimitri. Don't." I said grabbing his arm with the little strength I had. He stared at my hand then at my eyes.

"If you do that then you will just be put in here and it will be even more harder to get you out. I don't even know if my trial will pass tomorrow."

"It will C. That guy...Emanuel Drozdov. He set this all up. I heard him speaking to two other royal packs. They are just pissed off because they are not high up enough to be king or the next Lord." He explained.

"That's what they are pissed off about. When I spoke to Charles Uriel he said that the others would be angry because people believe I will be chosen to be the Lady."

"The Lady? We never had one before." He said curiously.

"No. That's why they are upset because they don't want a woman to overlook everyone. The Lord thought he could keep me from slipping into that coma. He would of probably tried to have killed me while I was in it but I was always under watch."

"You think he honestly would have tried to kill you? How do you even know if you will be come the next...Lady." He said.

"The werewolf Gods decide that. A new Lord has not been assigned in our generation so I have no idea how it goes. All I know it that my father said it involved the Gods."

"That sounds like it would involve...magic." He said.

"Probably. I think mages have something to do with it. But I don't think it would happen until the dark Angels are gone."

"See? This is why the trial will let you free. You're the only one that can kill them."

"But council members are stubborn and they want tradition. Not change."

"Well then their pack members are going to be killed by them. My father knows this and some others do....I wish I could give you a positive statement on what will happen...But I can't." I felt sad when he said this. I rubbed his hand lightly and smiled weakly.

"I know. Trust me I believe you would kill every person here just to see me free. But what happens happens."

"So if they sentence you here and you die? You're okay with that?" He asked disbelieved.

"I will be scared. I don't want to be here. I didn't want any of this to happen. I want to still be at school playing hockey and not worrying about any of this. But, if they do kill me...the Gods will judge them or they will be swept away by dark angels."