Chapter 16

Chapter 16:

Courtland's POV:

I pushed open the door and I was greeted with the smell of alcohol. I looked around and it was quite busy. One girl walked around handing drinks out while a man stood at the bar.

"Lady Eliza, how are you today?" The woman greeted me. I believe her name is Arlessa.

"I am quite good, Arlessa. How about yourself?" I asked.

"I am good thank you m'lady." She smiled.

"Thomas is up there." She said nodding towards the stairs. I walked up and six men sat around a table. They all wore robes like I did back in my time.

"Ah, and here is my lovely woman." A man said. I assume he was Thomas. He had blue eyes and short brown hair that was ruffled a bit. He was actually really cute. I smiled as he walked over.

"Excuse me gents." He smirked. He wrapped an arm around my waist and I looked over his shoulder to see all the men talking amongst themselves not paying us any attention.  He kissed my neck and I giggled quietly. Yes I wish it was Dimitri but I had to act like Eliza to seem normal and he wasn't ugly, he was cute...He then kissed my lips passionately and I was stunned a bit.

"Uhm...Thomas?" I asked.

"Yes my love?" He said still holding onto my waist.

"Are you seeing the king anytime soon?" I asked.

"I'm seeing him tonight as a matter of fact. Why is there somethin' you need my love?" He asked.

"I just wanted to come along..."

"Since when are you so interested in my work? I know you liked the assassins but never about me getting contracts."

"Alright then..." I sighed sadly batting my eyelashes.

"Oh love don't do that. Of course you can come. I was just curious." He smiled kissing me again. He then left me.

"Alright Gents...let's get goin'." He said. All the men got up and I followed them out and they put up their hoods as we walked the streets. I followed behind them as we manuevered through back alley ways.

"Where is the castle?" I asked.

"Just past here..." He said. He moved through a wall like bush and I followed him. Once we came out a large castle appeared before us. They all walked and the guards let us through without a peep. We walked up to the double doors where a servant met us.

"Master Thomas, King Uriel has been waiting for your arrival. Right this way." He said ushering us in. We came to a large grande dining hall where the king sat with his wife next to him. As we approached I had to hold back a gasp...I knew who this man was.

"Thomas. Georges is on his way. I need this assassination performed right now and I will give you a bonus of one hundred pieces." He said standing.

"Alright. We will leave as of now. My love stay here. I will be back." Thomas said turning to me. I nodded and they all left swiftly. I turned back to the king and his wife.

"I know who you are." I said.

"Eliza Carter correct?" He asked.

"No. My name is Courtland Carter. Daughter of Ashton Carter and Nirvana-Courtland Watson. Sister of Tyler Ashton Carter, Austin David Carter, Jeremy Kristof Carter, Mitchel Tyler Carter and Nick Austin Carter." I said.

"Of course. I do know who you are but I can't say I know you personally. I know this day would have come when the second came into the world. I hadn't realized you would look like Eliza. But you are a Carter and the Carter's rule once I become the Lord."