Chapter 14

Chapter 14-

Courtland's POV:

"Ugh...my head." I groaned sitting up on the bed in the tiny cell room that was kept for the royal prisoners. Angelica sat next to me taking notes on her clip board and staring at me wearily.

"Why am I in here?" I asked stretching and letting all my bones crack. I was so sore, it felt like I broke every bone in my body and they were repaired.

"Are you in pain?" She asked.

"I'm sore as fuck....sorry." I apologized for my swearing.

"It's alright. I will give you some tylenol for the soreness. But you're alright you can leave."

"Wait you didn't tell me...why am I in here?" I asked again.

"You passed out and you fell...hard." She said lying straight through her teeth. I ignored her though and just walked on out. We still had a big christmas party and I needed to get ready.

As I walked upstairs all the maids and servants stared at me cautiously as they prepared. I smelt delicious food and I walked past the main hall seeing all the tables set up and the decorations being put out. I walked on and numerous people asked me how I was feeling.

I walked upstairs past the boys' rooms and my parents' rooms and Taylor's room. I passed a maid and she called me.

"Uhm...Miss Courtland?" She asked quietly. I turned and my brothers, parents and Taylor all came out of their rooms peering down the hallway.

"Uh...yea?" I asked.

"I have began the shower and I have laid out your dress for the evening." She said.

"Oh thank you." I smiled opening the door to my room. The thing about palace "balls" is that you have to wear the 1800's puffy dresses. It was really royal and elegant.

I walked in my bedroom and got in the shower and quickly cleansed myself. My muscles and bones felt way better after that and when I stepped out, Tylenol rested on the counter. I took two and downed them with water.

I dried off and put on an oversize t-shirt when Miranda came in. Miranda was my personal stylist. She made all my dresses, did my hair and make up. She also did my mothers too.

"Sit, my dear girl and I will begin with your hair." She said. I sat in front of my vanity and she got out the curler and began curling my long platinum blonde hair into tight curls. She tied half of my hair into a fancy up-do and left the rest down.

She then did my makeup in champagne colours...so I am guessing my dress was gold again.She then told me to stand and take off my shirt so she could put on my corset. I hated this part....She tied it so damn tight so that I was uncomfortable for the whole evening. She then put on the bottom champagne coloured skirt to my dress and then the top part which was strapless but with long black gloves. I slipped on a pair of black heels and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked gorgeous.

I hope Dimitri likes it.

She helped me walk out and I met up with Taylor. She wore a deep red ball gown with her blonde hair in tight curls.

"You look amazing." She smiled.

"As do you." I smiled back. We walked down the stairs together and the people all gawked at us.

"You two look breath taking." My mom gushed. She loved seeing me in dresses. She wore a deep green dress that complimented her eyes. My dad was talking to some royals but he smiled at me out of the corner of his eyes. I smiled back and laughed a bit. But then realized Taylor and my mom had left me and Dimitri stood a little away from me smiling. He wore a black suit with a black shirt and tie. It suited him very well and he looked very handsome.