Chapter 22

Chapter 22-

Courtland's POV:

"Come find me Courtland..." Damien cooed. He stood a little away from me so I ran at him. But as I ran he began to get farther away. His eyes scared me and soon he stopped and his face was right next to mine.

I woke up startled and breathing heavily.

Sun peered in through my window. Last thing I remember was being blown out of the forbidden city. I stretched cracking all my bones and I sighed happily. I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

I opened the door to my bedroom and walked downstairs. I was stopped by Angelica.

"Good your awake. How are you feeling?" She asked examining my face, back and ribs.

"Fine." I answered.

"Incredible." She said disbelieved.

"What?" I asked confused.

"You have only been out for a day. Your back is completely healed along with your ribs, cheeks and other bones." She said amused.

"Where are my parents?" I asked.

"The kitchen." She answered looking down at her clip board. I shrugged but walked into the kitchen where I was engulfed by one of my mothers' hugs.

"Oh you had scared me to death. Never are you going to do that again! Are you insane!?" She exclaimed.

"Mom. Calm down. I'm fine." I smiled.

"Courtland Janine Mary-Anne Elizabeth Nirvana Carter! You almost died!" She exclaimed using my very full and long name.

"I'm fine now." I smiled kissing her cheek and sat at the table where I stuffed my face. The boys sat around me enthused of how I wolfed down food. Joey, Jacob and Jackson came waltzing in clumsily.

"Sissy..." Joey said holding his arms up at me. They all called me "Sissy". I smiled down and picked him up setting him on my lap.

"Would you like some apple juice?" I asked him he took it and sipped from the straw and drank it all.

"Wow...I thought I said some?" I asked.

"Puppy!" They all said going right up to the window. One of the guard dogs...Not too friendly.

"Guys those dogs aren't too friendly." Nick said. They all looked said.

"Nice puppy?" Jackson asked.

"No. Sorry big guy." Nick apologized sadly. We used to have a dog. Poor Marley...

"Mommy?" Jacob asked.

"Yes honey?"

"Puppy?" He asked. Yep they wanted a dog. We all looked at mom. We missed having a dog around here.

"After everything that just happened and everything that is going on we are getting a dog!?" She exclaimed.

"That's right. I need to look for Damien." I said growling his name.

"Courtland. Come on. When is the last time we did something involving the family?" Dad asked.

"Never because we are too cool for you guys and you guys will yell at us for looking at girls." Mitchel said.

"Come on. For two hours or more let's just be a normal family, hmm?" Dad said walking out.

"Wait! I need to get changed." I said running upstairs. I threw on a pair of jean shorts and a white zip up sweater with a blue bandeau and I zipped it down so it looked like a tank top. I put on my sandals and ran outside to our large specially made van when we had to travel together. It had the driver and passenger seat and three benches. Now a perfect fit for all of us.