Chapter 12

Chapter 12-

We arrived at a fairly large mansion, not as big as the palace but still big.

"This is your place?" I asked curiously as he opened the door for me.

"My older brothers' packs house. My two older brothers and my sister married off to some people in the same pack." He said closing the door after me.

"Don't you have a younger brother?" I asked.

"Yea, he's in the elementary part of the academy. It's his last year."

"The middle child? How does it feel?" I asked.

"I am the second middle child to be exact considering both my brothers are twins and the oldest and my sister is younger than them by a year. But since she is the only girl she gets extra treatment. I'm sure you know how that is." He winked.

"I might." I smiled. He opened the door and we were greeted by an elegant hall, with two large winding stair case and marble floors. People danced gracefully in the centre while others sat at tables and ate or talked. Everyone wore christmas type dresses; whether they were sparkly, gold, white, silver, red or green. While all the men had on suits.

"Ah Dimitri it's about time you showed up." Someone said in a Russian accent. We turned and a young couple stood before us. The man wore an expensive loking black pin stripe suit with a red tie while the woman wore a long, slim flowing red dress. It complimented her pale skin. They both had black hair and stunning gold eyes, like Dimitri.

"I had to run a quick errand." He smiled as he hugged the woman.

"And who is this?" She asked both of them smiling.

"This is Courtland. Courtland these are my parents." Dimitri said.

"Vladimir. It's a pleasure my lady." His father smiled.

"As to you." I smiled.

"Bella, I am so happy Dimitri is bringing someone sensible looking." She laughed.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Now. Your brothers and your sister are waiting for you. Go mingle. We will see you two later." His mom smiled ushering us away.

"Your parents seem nice." I smiled.

"I'm glad you think so." He said happily. We walked over to a table near the back were a younger looking girl sat trying to get her fussy son to eat. Another younger boy sat across from her playing on his phone.

"Vittu Se! (Fuck it)" The woman growled angrily. Wolves had short tempers so...don't mind us.

"Delilah! Swearing in Finnish? That's from your husband I take it." Dimitri grinned bending down to lightly kiss her cheek.

"Dimitri this boy eats nothing. He will grow up to be a skinny useless wolf." She said warning the boy. The boy did nothing but return to playing on the game he had.

"Hey Aaron." Dimitri said lightly kissing the boys head.

"Hey I know you...You're the king and Queen's daughter...Courtland right?" Delilah asked.

"Yes. It's a pleasure to meet you." I smiled shaking her hand.

"The pleasure is all mine. But what are you doing with my younger brother?There are better men out there." She smirked looking at Dimitri.

"Very funny, Delilah." Dimitri said rolling his eyes.

"I'm surprised you picked such a...normal girl. Rather than the usual slu-" The younger boy began.