Chapter 23

AN: so I went to go update yesterday but wattpad was down so I couldn't do it. I was really angry but I am updating now. Anyways I already know this chapter will be short because it's about dimitri and courtland.... And prom ;)

Chapter 23:

Courtland's POV:

"Courtland Carter." Our principal called I heard a lot of clapping and howling from our big family and other families. They all liked me because of what I was doing for them and how I was technically saving their lives. Well not technically. I was saving their lives.

Anyways I smiled happily as I received my grade twelve diploma. I was so happy because I know that everything with the dark angels and me possibly being the First Lady of the werewolves I kind of figured that I wouldn't be going to university. My brothers would but not me. Actually... I don't even think my brothers will they have to focus on starting a new family and practicing to rule the kingdom.

"Now for the final part of graduation I would like to announce our school's representative." The representative was a student who did well in both academics and sports. A student who represented the academy's virtues. It was basically a valedictorian without the speech and this concerned the whole school.

"I have to say that this student has been here since kindergarten. She has been a remarkable student since she stepped foot into the academy. She is well mannered, intelligent, agile and an important part of our family." The principal said. A female? It was probably Emily Drozdov she was such a kiss ass and she was so far up the faculties asses.

Then the secretary came on. Ms. Dales she was a nice lady and always gave me a candy cane when I brought attendance down.

"I have had the opportunity to meet and talk to this young girl day in and day out. She always brings the attendance down with a huge smile on her face. I know it is a simple task but the fact that she is always happy and never angry makes yourself feel good." Maybe it's Julia Bannorn. I mean she is a cheerleader and always super preppy. Then Mr. Danforth came on. I'm going to miss him making us skate and being my English teacher.

"I have had a chance to teach this student and coach her. She is a great team player and she is always a welcome in my class. One of the best students I have ever met and I may actually be sad that she is leaving. I know she will do a good job out there in the world but everybody here will miss her. Especially the boys on the ice hockey team." I froze.

"God it's me." I whispered to Nick who was sitting beside me.

"I am proud to say that our school representative is Courtland Carter." There was a lot of cheering and I felt my face flush I was shy to go up on stage and accept the award but yet I was fine with getting my diploma. I smiled giving the faculty members a hug and a hand shake and accepting my plaque. A plaque of me would also be placed in the school with the other representative's of the academy before.

-----------

After the graduation Dimitri told me to go to the arena for a second. I asked him why and he said for a final goodbye. My parents and family said they would meet me by the car.

I walked over to the rink and opened the door. I walked up the stairs because I figured he would be in the stands sitting. It was a bit chilly and it was dark.

"Dimitri?" I called as I was on top of the stairs. Suddenly the lights flashed on and my family and all of my close friends and some of dimitri's friends were sitting in the stands smiling.

"What the hell?" I asked confused looking around. I looked onto the ice and froze. Dimitri stood behind pucks that were arranged into the word "prom?" A big grin appeared on my face and I laughed.

"Courtland Janine Mary-Anne Elizabeth Nirvana Carter..." He said into a microphone. Oh my God he is using my full name. I am surprised he remembered it.

"Will you go to prom with me?" He asked. The grin stayed on my face and I covered my mouth laughing. This was the best night ever and I was so happy. I nodded because I couldn't stop laughing and I saw him smiling. Everyone cheered and then began exiting the building.

Dimitri waited for me outside with a bouquet of yellow roses.

"My favourite flower and colour? You really went all out Kolev." I smiled walking towards him. He handed me the flowers smiling and then pressed his lips to mine gently.

"I really like you C." He said.

"I really like you too, Dimi." I smiled kissing him again. Prom was two days away so I had to prepare my dress quickly.

"I will pick you up Friday." He said as he walked me to my car.

"I can't wait." I smiled.

"Me neither." He said giving me one last kiss before leaving. I got into the car and my mom was beaming with joy.

"Wasn't that the cutest thing? I got it all on record for grandma and grandpa." She said.

"All that for a chick?" Nick scoffed.

"Nick. Dimitri really likes her and he wants to make her feel special. You will understand when you- okay...maybe not." She said. I laughed as I smelt my flowers.

"Aren't those gorgeous? And he remembered your full name too! He is such a good boy." She gushed in the front seat.

"Mom..." I said embarrassed.

"It's okay sweetie. I can't wait to see your prom dress. Michelle is bringing all of them over tomorrow." Michelle was my dress maker. She would make a bunch of dresses and bring them over to see if I would like them. I wonder what she had in store.

---------

"Beautiful." Michelle said. After trying on so many dresses I found the one. It was white and long and flowy. It had a sweetheart neckline and had little silver jewels going along the hem and then just under the bust. It fit me well and the Snow White colour made my bright green eyes pop and complimented my skin.

"This is the dress." My mom was stunned.

"Oh...my little girl looks so beautiful." She said getting teary eyed.

"Mum relax, it's prom. I'm not getting married and then leaving." I assured her. Although if Dimitri proposed to me...then I would have to leave. A female wolf always went to her husbands' house, well in this case we would move to a much more secretive palace where the lady would stay. Which by the way they were making a new palace. They crushed Uriel's place. He was a disgrace to werewolf honour.

"Oh honey but when Dimitri mates you he will take my little girl away." She pouted.

"Mum relax. I have to be married to leave. Remember?" I laughed. Michelle was just shaking her head and laughing at my moms little fit.

"Okay honey." She said rubbing my cheek and kissing my head.

"So this is the dress my lady?" Michelle asked.

"Yep. I smiled twirling in it. Dimitri will love it."

-------

AN: I told you guys it would be a short chapter. Sorry for grammar and spelling. I'm typing on my iPad and it is hard :P