Weekend Plans

The bunny drove the car back to headquarters. Her ankle still throbbed, but it was starting to fade away. When Judy and Nick entered the entrance room, Clawhauser called to them.

"Guess what! Guess what!" He shrieked.

"Gazelle's agreed to marry you?" Nick asked.

"No, but wouldn't that be great? But that would be weird since we're different species...Anyway, Gazelle's performing again at Animalia Stadium!"

"No! When?" Judy demanded, her troubled thoughts about what had happened in the mansion pushed to the back of her mind.

"This Saturday!"

"Aww...I won't be able to go," said Judy. "I promised my family that I would visit them this weekend."

Nick draped his shoulder around the bunny, and squeezed. "That's too bad...but your family must be super excited to see you again."

"I'll bet they are. I do have a lot of siblings."

Nick let her go, and turned to Clawhauser. "I'll go with you. We'll send Judy a bunch of ScratchCats so it will seem like she's there with us too."

"Okay!" Clawhauser said, a little too loudly. A tiger and a wolf passing by chuckled.

Nick shook his head in amusement. "So, Carrots, what are you going to do on your farm?" he asked.

Judy pretended to think hard. "Work. Catch up with two hundred and seventy-five siblings. Work," she laughed.

"But it's the weekend!" Nick protested.

"Not for my family," Judy sighed. "Living on a farm means hard work, all day, every day. Well, except for my younger siblings. There's enough work to go around."

"Don't your siblings move out, and find jobs?" Nick asked. "You know, like you did?"

"Well, most of them don't want to leave the farm," Judy replied. "But a lot of the older kids have gone to colleges or other schooling." She took out her iKarret and opened her photo gallery. "A pair of twins--Bernie and Barbara--they went to medical school and they're now doctors." She scrolled until she found their graduation picture, then showed it to Nick.

"Bernie?" questioned the fox, a smile spreading on his face.

Judy smiled back, and started scrolling through more pictures. "Officer Bernie reminded me of my brother," she replied. "Smart. Sophisticated."

"Cute?"

Judy slapped his arm.

"I'm serious. Karet's cute, but is your brother?"

"I'm not in the position to determine that. He's my brother!"

"Hopps?"

Judy whirled around. Chief Bogo was standing there, looking confused. "What are you waiting for? Shouldn't you be cracking that case?"

Judy exchanged a glance with Nick. "Actually, sir, we were hoping to consult you about that. Can we discuss it in your office?"