The Semiconsciousness

"Let me have control over the town!"

"Release the prisoners or we will open fire."

"If you shoot me, he dies!"

"Release the prisoners or we will open fire."

"Let me have control over the town!"

"Let me have control..."

"Release the prisoners or we will open fire."

"Release the prisoners..."

----

Consciousness streamed into Judy's brain slowly until she was completely aware of her surroundings.

Bright lights.

The lights were moving.

They were moving fast.

The sensation of her body moving.

The soft pillow her body rested on.

A mattress.

A cart.

The hospital.

Judy couldn't open her eyes very well. She tried to speak, but her voice was muffled and all weird.

Rin. Nick. She cried out.

"You're going to be all right," said a kind voice. The blurry shape was all gray, like a horse, but not quite.

Hoofe. Bernie.

Bernie.

She was then rolled into a room with lots of metal things hanging from the ceiling. A gas mask was set on her mouth.

The next thing she knew, she was waking up in a quiet hospital room with an IV. Her arms and legs were numb.

A wildebeest nurse came in with bandages.

"What happened?" Judy asked.

The nurse smiled weakly. "You have a visitor who should explain everything to you," she said. She left, and Chief Bogo came into the room, still in his police uniform.

"Bogo!" Judy exclaimed. "What happened?"

He sighed, sinking into a chair beside her bed. He rested his face into his hands.

Judy swallowed. "Bogo?" she squeaked.

His brown eyes stared at her sadly. "Hoofe happened. The Terrifying Yellers happened."

Judy clenched her teeth, preparing herself. "Go on," she pressed.

Bogo took in a deep breath, and began.