Statues and Bogo

"This is so weird," said Judy, studying the drawing. "There are barely any bunnies in Downtown Zootopia."

"But there's plenty in the Burrows," said Nick. "And your family farm."

Judy glared at him. "My siblings are not thieves. Don't bring them into this."

"I wasn't going to," said Nick assuringly. "I know that they're not. I was just listing all of the bunnies in Zootopia."

"They're not in Zootopia," Judy pointed out. "They're in Bunnyburrow, all the way in the country. Basically a million miles away."

"I don't think it's exactly a million," Nick said, gazing at her over his sunglasses. "But far enough away to put them off the list."

"Thank you." Judy sighed, leaning on the windowsill. She gazed out the window to the flurry of shops and animals zipping by.

"Hey, you okay?"

Judy exhaled, and replied, "It's just...I don't know. I just have a weird feeling. Our criminal is a bunny. I just didn't expect it. That sounds like I'm discriminating other animals, but..."

"I get ya." Nick turned another corner, and the police station was in view. "They're like your kin, aren't they?"

"Yeah." Judy smiled at Nick. She shrugged it off. "So...how was Yvette? That young, beautiful maiden? Did you talk to her?"

"Eh...she's not really my type," Nick said indifferently. He pulled into the police station parking lot.

"Oh come on...wait..." Judy closely examined Nick's expression. "You're shy."

"No I'm not..."

"You're shy! Aw, cute..."

"Stop it."

Judy laughed.

"But hey, what about Bernie?" Nick conjoled. "He seems to have his eye on you. He's tagged you and told the others 'Back off, this one's mine.'"

"He's just an admirer," Judy defended herself.

"All right, all right." Nick waved it off. "You started it."

Judy shook her head in exasperation. Nick parked the car, and they both went inside.

Clawhauser waved at them when they entered, and held up a donut. "Want one?" he called. There was a big pink box on the circular desk and a number of brown boxes.

"Clawhauser?" Judy called worriedly, running to the desk. "You're not moving out!"

"Huh?" The jaguar asked, confused. He glanced at the boxes. "Oh! No, no, I'm not. But I've just got a huge shipment of Gazelle posters and CDs! Come on and see!" He started digging into one of the boxes. He pulled out a Gazelle statue. "Here's her! Just something that I can admire at," Clawhauser giggled. He went back into the box and brought out a stack of CDs. "Here's all of her latest music! Can you believe she writes an album a month? She must really like writing music!"

"That's so cool, Clawhauser," Judy gazed at all the stuff. "But how are you going to fit it all on your desk?"

"Well...I was wondering..." Clawhauser started to wring his hands. "If you..." He grimaced. "Ifyouwerewillingtotakesomeofthestuff?" He added quickly.

Judy laughed. "Sure. A few things. What would you like me to take?"

"Yay!" Clawhauser squealed. "You can take these CDs..."

"A Gazelle statue?" A booming voice echoed in the entrance room. The several animals walking through the hall stopped to look up at the source of the voice.

"Well, well. Look who's a fan," Nick nudged Judy's arm. Judy looked to where Nick was gesturing.

Chief Bogo, a cape buffalo, was nearly reaching the ceiling of the hallway from where he was exiting. He then recovered himself, and added, "That should not be put in display. We need to show a sign of being professional to our clients." He walked over to Clawhauser's desk. "What is all this?"

"Just a little fandom," Clawhauser replied meekly. "Some...some Gazelle CDs and posters. I was just asking Judy if she wanted some."

"Well, don't clutter your desk so clients can actually see you. We don't need to get distracted." Chief Bogo put on his reading glasses, picked up one of the CDs, and examined it. He raised an eyebrow. "You can keep only a few things here. Take everything home." He set the CD back down, and headed for his office. "Hopps!"

"Yes sir, I'm coming." Judy called quickly, gave Clawhauser and Nick a quick wave, and followed her boss.