New Recruits

Clawhauser gulped down another vanilla-flavored donut as he watched Gazelle's latest music video, "You Can Do Anything". He licked his frosting-covered paws just as he heard a small voice.

"New recruit group to see Chief Bogo."

Clawhauser nearly choked on the frosting, and leaned over his desk to see a few bunnies, an otter, a few hamsters, and a mouse. One of the hamsters waved.

"Ahem," said the mouse in a high, squeaky voice. "Chief Bogo?"

"Oh! Yes, yes," stammered Clawhauser. "Go down th-th-the hallway that way, and turn to your left. His office should be the last door in the hallway."

"Thank you," replied the mouse. He motioned for everyone to head that way. But one of the bunnies stayed behind, still staring at Clawhauser.

"Can-can I help you?" Clawhauser squeaked.

"Can I meet Lieutenant Hopps?" the bunny asked. He had large thick black glasses, and dark blue eyes. He wore a crisp new police uniform.

"Uh....you'd better go with the group. Lt. Hopps is very busy," said Clawhauser nervously. He wasn't sure what to do in this situation. The new recruits have always stayed with the group to go meet Bogo.

The bunny nodded. "Do you know where her office is?" He asked, straining his neck to look for a map on the desk.

"Uh..." Clawhauser anxiously glanced around. "Well...it is in the hallway where Chief Bogo's office is--"

The bunny was gone before he finished his sentence.