Day 474 - March 30

Introduction:

I'll try a sort of summary today since I know the majority of what went on. And only two one more day till Camp NaNo!! -Dark

~*~*~*~

Today's Tidbit:

"And never forget that writing is as close as we get to keeping a hold on the thousand and one things. Childhood. Certainties. Cities. Doubts. Dreams. Instants. Phrases. Parents. Loves that go on slipping. Like sand through our fingers."
-Salman Rushdie

~*~*~*~

Previously on CM UC:

Trouble brewed almost right off the bat today as Hayis ran from Raven and Isi after being woken from a dream and fled right into the Shadow King's waiting trap. However, know one knows of the predicament he now faces from the King's ploy, as no one has seen him yet.

Simple talk is rudely interrupted between Raven and Isi when a group of incubi come calling and trying to lure the two women. Isi unfortunately falls into one's trance, forced to live through her fears and nightmares before her eyes. Raven fights as many as she can, but from Isi's screams of terror, she brings three new faces running. Bishop quickly comes to Isi's rescue, dispatching the incubus tormenting her and whisking her off to his camp where she finally settles and falls asleep in his arms. Jacob and Kailyn -- having been out wandering -- are drawn by the screams as well and find themselves in the midst of fighting the incubi pack now as well. The creatures taking immediate interest in the new female presence, and displeasure in Jacob's presence.

The group of creatures is no match for them though, even cause to smooth over some rough patches between White Raven and Kailyn as they both turn to have each other's back, as they are quick to dispatch and turn the creatures to ash by a beheading death. Towards the end of the fight however, they are met with Sparrow watching them from the treetops.

Soon, she comes down to join them, and begins to ask some alarming questions. Questions of how strong their mentality is, as someone has taken an interest in the people of these woods for their power levels, and likes to prey and cripple by powers of the mind. It seems this person, the Guardian as Sparrow calls him, can level realms with a blink of an eye, and has already burned a village alive after the Shadow King once tried to erase memories of Sparrow's, secrets he didn't want her to know.

Everyone is set on edge from the news, not wanting someone who can access their thoughts targeting them for their power for his own gain of welfare, but Sparrow refuses to fully betray the one who looks out for her, even though she knows he is dangerous.

With a new threat hanging in the air now, Sparrow goes off when she can say no more and Raven leaves as well, leaving Kailyn and Jacob to chat for a short while before Bishop wanders in his dragon-like form.

Only for things once more to become tricky as Kailyn's illusion spell for hiding Jacob's horns, tail, and wings goes awry thanks to her mentor's interference. After taking off to try to hide his secret yet, Kailyn and Bishop follow until they find his hideout. It seems Jacob has begun to trust Kailyn for he finally listens to her and reveals his secret to Bishop of who he is and his appearance, and just as Kailyn had promised, Bishop has no judgment about it, only jokes of his wings being bigger, and perhaps he could help him learn to fly.

With things quieted down, and the excitement of the day worn on all parties, Bishop takes off, and Kailyn returns to her manor in Dallen with Jacob for a night of rest.

Are Isi and Bishop becoming closer still? Just who is this unnamed Guardian? And what does he really want with the people of the woods? Will they be able to fight his powers of mind? What has happened to Hayis and will they run across him anytime soon? Will more secrets begin to come out with acceptance instead of judgment?

Find out next time in CM UC!