Day 465 - March 21

Introduction:

Don't think I have anything for this today. -Dark

~*~*~*~

Today's Tidbit:

"Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be the moon so that I can light up your darkest hours."
-Unknown

~*~*~*~

Previously on CM UC:

It was a day full of drama and fights.

Starting off with simple chat, or shall I say pep talks, between Jacob and Isi, it quickly turned to hurried action as Jacob remembered a note Kailyn had left two days ago or so, asking that no one follow her or look for her anymore.

Hayis comes along as well as Jacob finds their way to Dallen and to Ciara's manor. Only a short fight ensues, Jacob taking on Ciara while Hayis seems to think dragging Kailyn off into the woods to try to knock sense into her is the best way, literally. In the end, Jacob knows something is up with Ciara's tactics and after Kailyn tries to force them to leave by attacking, knocking Isi out, Hayis resorts to knocking her out and taking them both back to the Academy woods, Jacob hot on the trails.

The quiet only lasts for moments before everyone is finding themselves attacked once more. Aiyae and Darcel are now there, and soon the Shadow King makes his appearance to keep his promise in killing Isi. However, a new player comes into the spotlight, Iri, and he quickly uses light to harm both shadows before the Shadow King can harm Isi. Though it isn't before he tells her she is a dragon and it causes a mental breakdown, causing cracks to split in the earth as Isi loses control.

As Kailyn comes to finally, she tries to keep Iri and the others away from trying to kill the Shadow King, seeing something else in him than a villain. Valin comes to Isi's rescue, hell bent on destroying him for what he did, and after all the attacks, the Shadow King is greatly weakened. Darcel turns to help Hayis, and Aiyae turns his attention on the Shadow King as well.

Words fly, threats and more, and Iri turns his attention to Kailyn after she tried to keep him away from the Shadow King. Events start to turn south as she is blinded from Iri's attack and Jacob shows back up to try to protect her. Aiyae tries to help Valin in warming Isi back up from her break down and Iri vanishes before Jacob can get anything from him to undo the damage to Kailyn.

Seeing an opening to get away, the Shadow King turns his attention to Kailyn as a bargaining chip: restore her eyesight and they let him go. While a few want to take the deal, others -- like Valin -- could care less, leaving Kailyn to just leave and go face what her fate would be blind: death. However, she is soon dragged back by the shadows for the bargaining chip. But that notion withers away when the King hears three simple words from Kailyn, "just kill me".

After healing her eyesight for seemingly no reason now, Valin and Isi go off. Hayis has passed out, and Aiyae is still bent on interrogating the Shadow King while Jacob and Darcel try to tend to Kailyn, who is now trying to talk to the Shadow King through her mind, shocked. However, she will not listen to those trying to help, still insisting it is better they let her go.

Aiyae goes off just as Ciara shows her face once more, looking for her Heir to return to her. Jacob is quick to defend her, and now it seems the Shadow King is taking an interest in keeping the older witch away as well. After a brief attack that leaves Kailyn injured as well from her link to Ciara, things are resolved and the two find themselves in a different section of wood after the Shadow King shoves them through a portal. Before he can leave though, Kailyn is determined to get to the bottom of him, to what's behind the mask, and for awhile they exchange words, learning more and more about the other before her injuries cause her to collapse and the Shadow King flees.

What will Ciara do now that her Heir was stolen away twice in one day? Will she target those misfit group now, or continue to come for Kailyn? How will Isi react now that she knows she is a dragon after all? Will Valin force her to move on now? What will this Iri person bring to the group, more trouble or help? And what deal did Darcel make with him to try to help Isi against the King? Who is right about who the Shadow King really is? And might Kailyn be the one getting close to the Shadow King yet? Just what will happen next?

Find out next time in CM UC!