Day 447 - March 3

Introduction:

We are still working off the basis that everyone is trapped there for the time being, just until things get really rolling here. Maybe the temptation of a granted wish by the Waylas will be enough to sway the characters to helping. If they are desperate enough to agree and try their luck. -Dark

~*~*~*~

Today's Tidbit:

"Go forth, the teller of tales. And seize whatever the heart longs for. Have no fear. Everything exists. And everything is true. And the earth is only a little dust under our feet."
-W.B. Yeats, The Celtic Twilight

~*~*~*~

Previously on CM UC:

The characters have found themselves trapped within the grounds of the Headquarters with barriers and protections locking them in. No one can walk out, and no one can vanish out. This has thrown hitches into their daily lives, leaving important things unattended to, but it seems there is nothing they can do at the moment, and Taracus swears it is not of his doing trapping them in.

Taking the day to become better acquainted with each other, talk turns to everyone's homelands and finally learning everyone's names. Bit and pieces of people's past and who they are are beginning to be revealed, but it seems most are too afraid to say much. They hide behind masks, or within lies to keep their pasts and who they are hidden.

Word of having a wish granted for their help spreads once more, and most have become slightly interested, if not wary just yet. However, it seems only one character so far has agreed to trying with their wish: Jacob. What is it that is his wish, no one knows, for having gone off alone with Taracus about it where no one could eavesdrop. Temptation of a wish is nagging at Abby and Kailyn, but both still seem hesitant, and Aiyae is suspicious of this wish being a lure and trap.

But hope can a fickle, strong thing once it's claws are in.

Isildilia settled in for the night first, and Abby seems to have acquired a small puppy zipping around the campfire. The shapeshifting shadow Hayis shows his face for the first time before running off spooked, and Jacob doesn't return for the night. Soon the siblings go off as well and Aiyae finds his own place to bed, leaving Kailyn to finally search for answers and snoop among the grounds.

With night settling in, the characters are forced to find ways of sleep once more, cautious yet and wary of what may have transpired without their knowledge. Thoughts of going home once more abandoned when there seems to be no way out of the grounds.

Will the characters find a way out of the grounds and make their way back home? Who might be the next to inquire for their wish and agree to help? And might the prospect of the wish be enough to lure the others into helping? Will secrets start to come out?

Find out next time on CM UC!