Day 459 - March 15

Introduction:

Nothing new to report but it was certainly an intense Pi Day! Too bad no one got smacked in the face with a pie though. XD And I hope a spot on summary to wrap up the intensity of the drama filled day. As Elemental said, CM UC would make a great reality show, there's more emotional turmoil then the Kardashians. -Dark

~*~*~*~

Today's Tidbit:

"Go into the arts. I'm not kidding. The arts are not a way to make a living. They are a very human way of making life more bearable. Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy one. Do it as well as you possibly can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."
-Kurt Vonnegut

~*~*~*~

Previously on CM UC:

Trouble has brewed exponentially today.

The day immediately starts in some as Bishop stumbles upon Isi struggling to fight off one of the infected, a monstrous snake. He comes immediately to her rescue, slaying the beast and soon turns to chatter between the two sitting peacefully in the forest. Easy banter and talk soon turns to fun and games between Isildilia and Bishop, the two getting along quite well and joking with each other, until the tables suddenly take a turn for a worse as someone is eavesdropping.

Seeing a connection between the two, an advantage to get what he wants, the Shadow King once more makes himself known. Spilling a secret and a bombshell on Isildilia, revealing she is a dragon, as well as blackmailing Bishop -- who is definitely coming to care for the dragon-girl -- into agreeing to find the red-eyed creature Hayis for him. The deal being he has three days to find him and hand him over to the Shadow King or he will kill Isildilia with no more than a snap of his fingers.

Reluctantly, he agrees, for Isildilia's sake. Along the way Aiyae and Faylor came and now they must ponder how best to protect Isi, or find Hayis. Aiyae goes off to find and warn the red-eyed shadow, but the untrusting creature is stubborn and does not believe the alien, ending up breaking his stick which turns into an all out brawl between the two. Until Aiyae finally ends it and Hayis reluctantly agrees to defeat after being hurt.

Isi soon turns for bed back with Bishop and Jacob appears, leaving the two men to ponder the next option of how to find the shadow Hayis. But as talk of finding the shadow starts, two more faces suddenly join to ponder the dilemma -- Kailyn and Donna.

Plans are quickly devised, clever plans to use the shadow's weakness of light to protect Isi and their place upon his return, and then plans to capture the Shadow King and learn more. Everyone there has a bone to pick with him anyways.

However, the group fails to know that the Shadow King has spies everywhere and soon they are caught off guard as he shows up. Weapons can be words, and the Shadow King wields them well, threatening to kill Isi on the spot with a single snap of fingers and targeting the sore spots of Donna, Bishop, and Kailyn.

Kailyn and Donna snap, managing to injure the shadow together, until Donna finds her own trick to use the Shadow King's tactics against himself, creating a copy of him to rip right back into him. And it works enough to make fear show in his white eyes before he makes a desperate attempt to flee after attacking Donna.

But it isn't before his secret weapon is revealed: the shadows on the ground, moving, real creatures that he can control to do his dirty work. And his flee does not come before Kailyn sees something in him. A smile. A smile that isn't purely wicked, a smile she knows all too well from looking in the mirror every day.

In the end though it is of little use as everyone escapes and runs, to rest, to recover, and maybe not to return with secrets being revealed left and right...

With secrets spilling more, who will have to face themselves first? Are Bishop and Isildilia becoming closer and closer? Will Hayis believe Aiyae in the end? Will the Shadow King return once more and try again to get his prize? Will the people banning together find a way to stop him and hold him off? Will Kailyn return now with the risk of her secrets and what could happen? And might she be right about what she sees in the Shadow King?

Find out next time in CM UC!