Chapter 53

Stunned at Sarita's reaction Shama queried "what happened? Did you hug a ghost?" then chuckled ...

Sarita furiously looked at Shama... then saw her finger... her middle finger got pricked... a drop of blood was sitting on the tip of the finger...

"Aunty" Chandni worriedly held her hand... "How did this happen...

Sarita wondered... "I don't know..."

Shama took a deep breath "oh come on now, it's not something big...chandni where is Veer?"

Chandni smiled "he left... he's gone to see Kaka..."

Sarita was still thinking... her mind was not settled... she was sure something strange is going to happen, "Chandni... sometimes I think you are away from this world...there is some purpose that you are on this earth... there is a story written long time ago, a story written in the stars..."

******************

It was almost Twelve when he reached Kurseong... after a long day he felt tired and quickly opened the door with his keys... he never wanted to disturb Pratima... Manohar was at the hospital with Kaka... Veer went upstairs...

He walked out of the shower.. Was about to wear his shirt when he heard the doorbell... "Who must be there..." it was almost 1:00...

He wore his gown and walked downstairs... to his surprise he saw Chandni standing out of the house... she looked scared... "Chandni" he asked quickly... he saw her long white dress... "What are you doing here...? And how did you reach..."

She started crying ... Veer was now worried.. And asked her the reason ... "wait I will get some water..."

He heard her giggling... "Chandni, what the hell is this? Is this a joke?" he yelled...

He turned around to lock the door, to his surprise she wasn't there.. "Where has she gone?"

Pretty unhappy with her acts he walked upstairs and called out her name but she wasn't there...

Furiously he dialled her number

*****************************

Shama gaped at the old woman... "Well you are definitely getting older and..."

Chandni heard the bell.. "Excuse me."

"Hi Veer"

"What the bloody hell is going on... now what are you trying to prove?" he shouted

Chandni was shocked at what he was saying "what did I do?"

"if you want to become a superwoman... do want you want, but stop playing these tricks with me" he disconnected the call making Chandni wonder why on earth did he call her and what was he saying...

"One after another..." Chandni murmured... then she remembered the dairy.. She quickly looked at Sarita "aunty..."

Sarita was sitting on her chair.. And asked Chandni to come near her...

Chandni saw a huge round table... with some candles, a huge book in some different language... she saw some flowers and some rice...

"Chandni, I know you don't believe in these things... but it's true, I have strongly felt evil powers around you... And I want to make this sure that I am right" she closed her eyes and started chanting some mantras...

Chandni was clueless about everything... Though it was sure that something unusual happened with her.. And then the diary she read, should she tell this to her Grandmother... no she thought again it would only worry her more...

Silently she looked at Sarita who was still chanting something that neither of the ladies could make out nor understand...

When after few minutes passed... they did heard the sound of some glasses...

"What's that?" Shama freaked... while Sarita did not stop chanting... Chandni felt something cold touching her...

Briefly after the cold wind it was silence... Chandni saw the flowers turned black... "What's that... how did this..."

Sarita opened her eyes "I told you..." Kamini and Shama were shocked to this .. It was something unbelievable...

"This spirit is dangerous... Very dangerous" Said Sarita

Chandni knew Sarita can help her with all her confusions "Sarita aunty... I found two stones on my way while I was walking back home one day..."

She paused to look at the curious faces focusing on her words, "it was few months back.. And since that day some strange things are happening with me... Those stones have name encrypted on them Mehrangarh"...

Chandni thought something while shama got some coffee for everyone... "Then I told my friend Maneka, we even decided to go this place.. this is somewhere in Rajasthan... and recently she found out some pictures on the TV about this place... it's a barren place, no one lives there... some people at the nearest village are so scared that most of them have left the place forever, they say it's a place for all the mishappening... now what happened there.. No one knows"

Shama looked at her Granddaughter "Chandni I am worried for you... how can you say this is related to you? It could be some other reason...how can I send you to such a dangerous place"

Chandni knew her Grandmother would worry "I know you are worried , but I don't want to hide anything from you, I have lost my mother... and I don't want to loose you... I want to find out the truth"

"Truth" exclaimed shama "which truth are you talking about?"

Chandni looked at the old woman who had several questions in her mind "I know you all want to protect me from the evil but I want to know the truth why this is happening with me, why one after another incident is taking place... and so many times I have felt helpless.. But this time I want to go and see myself..."

"Will you go alone?" asked Kamini...

Chandni hugged her "I will be fine, don't worry... and I will take Maneka along with me"

Kamini was still not convinced, for some reason her heart and mind were not willing to send Chandni anywhere but she also want her to get rid of the mysteries she's facing...

***************************************

Next Day

Chandni never wanted Veer to come with her... She knew he would not believe in what she thinks and he would never let her go alone...though she knew he will feel bad but there wasn't any other way to find out the truth... she had already called Maneka over ...

Her Grandmother packed some things for her... "How will you go?"

Shama added "go by car"

"No aunty I will travel by bus... Maneka has booked the bus... we will leave in two hours" Chandni answered

Shama was worried for her "you must tell Veer before you leave"

Chandni thoughtfully looked at her phone "not now..." she stood up and walked towards her room...

She cried silently thinking about her mother, then took her mother's picture with her... she packed some clothes and nice walking shoes... God knows how that place look would like... soon after some time she heard Maneka shouting for her ...

Chandni washed her face and walked towards the door...

"Maneka , do have some breakfast?" Kamini asked ...

"No aunty ... we will get late... let's go Chandni" Maneka looked at the confused figure that walked slowly towards her Grandmother...

"Do not feel lonely... and don't cry, I will come back soon... and thank you for letting me go. Veer is here if you need any help... I will call you once I reach. " She hugged her grandmother tightly...

************************************************