Chapter 10

Chandni felt her hands warm.....for the first time she didn't felt anything strange for him.....as they walked downstairs, he loosened his grip a little....Chandni did not wanted him to leave her hand....somehow she wanted Veer to hold her hand tightly......but on the other hand she was aware of two other people in the house....she slowly pulled her hand...... she was quiet, but the thoughts were continuously flowing in her mind....

her heart had a feeling of closeness....for some reason she wanted to be alone with him..... "shall we leave now?" his voice was like a soothing medicine for her thudding heart and for the different opinions she had been making about him....there was a touch, a relief, a security in his voice....

she wanted to hear him again and again....though her eyes weren't meeting his but she could feel him looking at her...... "Chandni" she could hear the depth in his voice, it seemed as if she knew him from so many years, may be even longer than that.....she glanced at him "yes....".

They walked outside the house.....it was a beautiful garden outside.....Chandni didn't knew exactly what she was doing....Veer looked at Manohar who understood "well I am going to eat something...and I am sure you both won't enjoy with me.....

so I will catch you later" he walked towards the other side of the road.... Veer gazed at her beautiful face...... she was quiet but he could hear so many words...... "so where are we going...??" he asked her while adjusting his jacket......it was windy...... he saw her struggling with the cold wind......she looked at him taking off his jacket and placing it nicely on her shoulders..... "Its alright...."

before she could say anything "its windy, this thin top won't help" she wore it..... "we can't walk that far.....its better I take my car" she said......while turning back towards her house.... "no need....we can go in my car" he insisted.....

----

"it seems beautiful" he said while driving towards the narrow path..... "its called tiger hill, it is the highest hill in the immediate surroundings" she said while looking outside..... he was driving at a easy pace "are you always so quiet?" he asked her while giving a little glance..... Chandni looked at him driving...he looked the most handsome man.....

even though she didn't knew much about him....she made a small picture in her mind..... he was waiting for an answer, "Chandni" she immediately replied "it is eleven kilometers from Darjeeling...." he stopped the car on the side of the road and turned his side towards her.....he looked at her "i hope I wasn't disturbing you....you look tense" she smiled a little "no.....i...i am alright" he smiled back "that's good" he started driving..... "so does this place have tigers???"

she gave a broad smile "no no....its just a name....we could even walk, but it takes around two hours to reach.....you know, it is famous for spectacular sunrise view over the Himalayas....you will like it"

Soon they reached tiger hill.... Chandni looked at the mountains that were spreading all around "sunrise is the best part of this place.....In fact, when the sun rises, u can see the Himalayan mountains covered in a red glow that looks like someone's set fire to it.....It's magnificent."

Veer looked at the mountain"so we must come before sunrise?" he glimpsed at her....he simply imagined her beauty in every part of the surroundings..... Chandni continued "yes, It is a really a nice experience, specially if you want to see the orange color spreading over the greatest mountains of the world including Mount Everest...."

Chandni could feel one drop on her lips.....she looked up....it started drizzling.....the weather was freezing..... they walked towards the car...... she rubbed her hands.... "sometimes its even two degrees during the off season" she said while warming her hands by rubbing them together...... he saw her nose red...... her cheeks were pink..... "coffee??" he said while smiling at her....