Chapter 39

It was late night when Chandni tried to sleep peacefully as her day went well without being much bothered by anyone around her..... she was happy that her Grandmother went to Sarita's place for some religious ceremony along with her Mother and Shama......

Smilingly she read her favorite book and sipped her coffee...... she always enjoyed being alone, without bothered about anyone in the house.....she ate dinner early as she wanted to listen to her favorite instrumental music......

She changed into her nightgown..... composed but tensed about somethings that seemed crucial and mysterious... she lay on the bed looking at the ceiling, with a book on her chest...... she slowly closed her eyes, unaware of the next moment that would change her peaceful environment into a harsh and violent atmosphere..... it was almost impossible for her to even imagine what she would face in another instant of her life....

After some time.....

She felt rough hands around her neck as if someone would strangle her any minute...... she opened her eyes and found herself forcefully being attacked by an unknown force.....though she couldn't see anyone around but she strongly felt someone wanting to throttle her.....

she tried to get up from the bed but her efforts were wasted..... she coughed..... it was unable to breathe anymore.....screaming and yelling was almost impossible, her feet rubbed against the bed, her hands tried to free from the force that was strangling her neck...... another second she freed herself somehow and jumped off the bed.....

Each part of her body trembled...... "who is there???" she spoke lowly, touching her strained neck..... tears floating her eyes...... her body sweated as she was physically trying to fight with the unknown power, Chandni was sure that there was something around her.....something very close to her.....

She tried to open her door....it seemed jammed..... "Kamla......Kamla...." she tried to call the servant who was sleeping downstairs.....but she did not heard any response.... Chandni glanced around but she couldn't see anything......

her eyes were wide open because of the fear, the pain she felt in past few seconds.....every breathe she took scared her..... she thought of calling her Mother .......

she started searching for her phone when she was pushed forcefully on the floor badly hurting her knee.....she could see the blood from her left knee... unable to get up she turned and looked around miserably....she somehow felt it was the end of her life....she was too weak to fight with the power that wanted to kill her.....she felt some unknown shadow coming closer to her...when from out of the blue she heard him.... "Chandni.....Chandni...."

she smiled with a sigh of relief....as if he had come to rescue her..... she felt the shadow moving away..... unable to get up she tried to shout for help but she couldn't as if something struck in her throat..... scared from the incident she felt numb.....for some period her eyes couldn't visualize him standing in front of her.......

----------

After some time......

She found herself lying on the bed.....he was holding her hand sitting next to her...... "what happened??" she could hear him asking her again...... she looked at her injured knee with a plaster...... Veer may have helped her plaster her knee with a white bandage..... she smiled at him, her devil came to save her........... "Veer"

he touched her cheek....she seemed pale, feared of something...... "Veer....i....fell....."

"i know you don't open your eyes and walk....." he spoke as if completing her sentence.....but she didn't fell herself..... "Veer....i...i ....was"