Chapter 11

Veer quickly opened the glass window....took a glass and was about to pour his drink when he remembered Chandni's words.....

"i hate drinkers.....i don't understand why people drink....you know Veer that is the worst thing one can ever try"

he smirked "yes Chandni.....you should try first to know whether its worst or the best thing one can try"

he poured the alcohol and gulped three to four glasses...... even when he had so much alcohol he was always aware of what he was doing....he took off his shirt and flung it carelessly on the bed..... " Chandni, this restlessness is not going to lessen now"

Soon he closed his eyes......

----

It was early morning and Chandni was ready for her college. She preferred walking, it was a narrow path, isolated from the main road......only few pedestrians could be seen walking....the path was surrounded by tall trees and bushes.....it was convenient for her to walk with her high boots, because of the rains. It was windy, her long hair blew all over her face......the college was few minutes on the walking distance.....

the moment she entered the college she heard somebody calling her, it was none other than her friend Maneka...... "where were you?" she said while running towards Chandni.....

Chandni smiled at her "how are you?"

Maneka was out of breath "oh....i tried calling you.....but your mother said you went out for some project"

Chandni gave a broad smile "yes....i went to Kureong" and started walking towards her building

Maneka looked surprised "Kurseong!!!! why didn't you tell me...."

Chandni didn't look at her but she was still smiling "well it was all so quick that I couldn't think of telling you" she said while adjusting her stole in the front.....

-----

Manohar wasn't surprised to see Veer all dressed up and that too so early..... "Veer it will take one hour to reach at University in Darjeeling"

Veer snapped back "who is going to Darjeeling?" he made a frown and walked outside

He looked at the beautiful mountains surrounded all over the place.....he could see the snow clad mountains far away...... "never have I seen anyone so beautiful, who knows when and where shall we meet again, the world can't stop me now, I have made a vow to myself" he said while putting on his jacket.....

He took out his bottle and started walking towards the the other side of the hill.....for some reason he wanted to be alone..... there was silence.....all he could hear was the sound of the blowing wind..... he was sipping his drink sitting on the hill when he saw young gurkha boys asking him loudly in their language "Kasto Cha?" (how are you?)

Though Veer couldn't understand a single word, he still waved his hand while drinking.....they walked past him "Pheri bhetaunla" (will meet again) and waved their hands......

------

Maneka kept the books in her bag "fine....so when are you going back to complete your project?"

Chandni thought for a while "may be tomorrow....can't say anything.....its raining and I can't do anything until it keeps raining at the site"

Maneka confusedly asked her "i don't know if that's what I feel....but you have changed a little...."

Chandni reluctantly answered back "i won't change unless destiny wants me to......"

they walked towards the gate.....