Chapter 3

Mumbai

Digvijay was waiting the whole day, worried as Veer did not return home. Varied thoughts emanated in his mind about his dear Son's future, he knew Veer was highly reckless and undoubtedly never wanted to take his life seriously.

Sitting in his rocking chair his mind was enthralled looking around the big mansion. Certainly, there was no sleep in his eyes, every minute he thought about his wife, if she would not have left him, Veer would have been awfully close to her.

Years passed away but Digvijay's love for his wife never died, she was a dignified and very charming lady.

Digvijay's moist eyes reminisced the terrible incident that took his wife's life. If that day she would have stayed home, then she would have been alive.

Digvijay knew this very well that Veer will not listen to him easily, but he must find some way to convince him, his eyes fell on the huge picture in the hall Veer's 18th birthday. A renowned photographer was called specially to make a big canvas of Veer as he looked the world's most handsome boy that day.

No doubt Veer inherited the dignified and extra ordinary charismatic looks from his ancestors and he looked very subtle, spoke very less, and likes to hear only the pertinent things. Veer despises when someone keeps on reiterating the same thing again and again.

Digvijay's thoughts came to standstill when he heard Kaka.

"Sir you must eat something; you haven't eaten anything since morning".

There was silence, Kaka knew Digvijay was upset and worried.

"Kaka, don't ask me, I don't want to eat anything. Veer's future is tormenting me from all sides. I have everything but still I am the poorest man on this earth."

Kaka felt distressed as well, he did not have any words to pacify Digvijay, but he knew that Manohar would be the only one who can surely tell Veer's whereabouts at this hour.

Kaka immediately went towards Manohar's room while wiping his moist eyes on the way, Kaka served his master from long time and all these years he always saw him strong enough but today he could clearly see Digvijay's apprehensive face.

Kaka knew Manohar was humorous and a kind man plus he was same as Veer's age so most likely they share nearly all of the secrets. A good advantage was Manohar was Veer's only childhood friend and he could do anything for Veer, Kaka recollected their young days, Veer never used to go anywhere without Manohar. Even though Veer yells at Manohar so many times but still Manohar always stood by Veer in all times, and one could clearly see their bonding.

If Manohar was soft hearted, then Veer was extremely stubborn and would not listen to anyone.

Kaka knocked at the door and found it open, as the door opened it made a little sound.

Manohar was eating his favorite ice cream when Kaka interrupted him "Manohar, where is Veer? when is he coming home?".

That was enough for Manohar to get twitchy, he was bundle of nerves the moment Kaka questioned him with the Veer word in his sentence.

Manohar knew one day he will unquestionably get butchered at his dear friend's expense, he thought his captivating friend must be enjoying his life the fullest but making his life most miserable on this earth. Manohar thought himself like a newspaper who reports about Mr. Veer's latest news to Mr. Kaka.

His mind got all bogged and he could not think of a suitable and descent answer to give to the old man. God forbid if Kaka got to know what Veer was doing this time, he will surely get a heart attack.