Chapter 22. Not a killer

Jeff's pov.

"Okay. Then what do you want me to do?"

"Nothing." She replied. "You don't need to do anything, Jeff." I had her wrapped in my embrace. Her body was noticeably cold, not exactly freezing but she wasn't warm like she was suppose to be. I've never felt anyone that reflected feelings like Liara did. "Jeff."

"Yeah?"

She pulled away for a moment, catching my eye then quickly looking away; giving me a forced smile that made me uncomfortable. "Nothing.." she mumbled. I was about to comment but instead I ignored my urge and pushed it back. "How long are you being held here?" Liara asked, breaking the silence.

"I don't know.. but I'm planning on making my escape tonight."

"Oh." Was all she said, her eyes wandering. "How are you going to do that.?"

"By killing my way out."

"Okay." She sighed, and I grabbed her shoulder pulling her back into my arms.

"I'll find you once I get out..okay?" I assured her, holding her close to me. It was as if she would disappear and fade if I wasn't careful enough. She buried her face into my shoulder and nodded.

The door opened and Liara immediately jumped up. A woman walked in and looked at us.

"Miss, our visiting hours have passed.. I'm afraid I have to ask you to leave." The lady said.

I grabbed Liara's arms and pulled her to me. The woman looked alarmed for a moment, then she relaxed.

"Jeff.." Liara whispered.

"Visiting hours are up." The woman repeated, leaning over and taking Liara away from me. I watched as the woman took her away behind the doors. Liara stared back at me blankly before she was no longer seen. Her expression continued to linger in my mind.

The room was silent again. I lean my back against the wall and slid down, sitting on the floor. Tapping my index finger on the ground. Tip. Tip. Tip.

Some time passed because I finally heard the door creak open again. Already knowing who it was, I didn't bother acknowledgeing their presence. Well, until needed. The nurse, Jessica, neared me with a plate. I stared down at my feet as she edged closer and closer. "Hello, Jeff.." she said, her voice a higher pitch than Liara's.

Reaching into my boot, I pulled out a switchblade that I had kept on me for awhile and whipped it out. She gasped and took a step back, but I was already behind her with my hands covering her mouth. Jessica looked up at me with pleading eyes. I have never actually taken notice of women until Liara. Though in no way would anyone ever come close to her. "You knew better than to trust a killer, woman." I whispered into her ears before I sliced her throat.

Her body dropped to the floor and I escaped the room, finding myself in the dark familiar hallway I had been led through earlier. Seeing a red glow at right end, I ran down the hall just to find myself infront of the emergency exit. In one quick motion I pushed it open, releasing a loud siren throughout the entire building. Screams and yelling were erupting from behind me. Without looking back, I ran into the dark void of night.

Finding Liara's house wasn't difficult, with the tattered windows and dark curtains. I climbed in through her bedroom window. Liara's room was dark, empty.

I went down stairs into her living room which was equally drained of light, only her dark silhouette was visible against the wall. I sat next to her, she didn't flinch. "Jeff.." She said, her voice quiet and low.

"I escaped like I said."

"Mm."

"I want you to come with me, Liara."

No answer. I waited silently.

Knock. KNOCK. KNOCK.

The noise broke through the silence. After a continuous amount of knocks, Liara finally proceeded to the door and opened it. "I'm officer Charles and I'm here to investigate your house-" The man looked over Liara's shoulder, seeing me in the shadows, and quickly barged in. He held up his taser and glanced at Liara. "Miss, have you been hurt-"

"No." Liara interuppted before he even finished with a tired voice.

"Miss, if you're not yet aware of this, the man currently in your house is a mass murderer and is highly dangerous. Stand behind me." Liara glared at the man before she sighed and crossed her arms. The officer stared at her questionably before asking her. "Whats your relationship with this man?"

"I-I..I don't know."

"Step behind me NOW before I shoot." He began to reach for the gun in his backpocket.

"No!" Liara screamed and in what seemed like an instant, she pulled out a small silver knife and stabbed the man in his gut. The officer groaned, and rolled onto the ground; clutching his wounded stomach.

With a clatter, the silver dagger was dropped onto the floor. Liara fell to her knees, her eyes wide with horror.

"Liara!" I grabbed her shoulders and looked into her eyes that deplicted emotions such as bitterness and self hatred. "Look at me Liara. You did good."

Covering her face with her hands, she began sobbing loudly. I wrapped my arms around her, feeling her body shaking in my hold.

I've never seen this side of Liara, and it excited me for some reason. "No. Oh no.." she continued sobbing, hiccuping with a flood of tears. "I'm not a killer, Jeff. I'll never be.." I squeezed her tighter. "N-no matter what..you don't love me, and I, I d-don't love you." Her last sentence struck me hard as she pried my arms off of her and ran out the front door. The silver, blood soaked dagger glistened in the moonlight and I felt acold painful throbbing in my chest; I feeling that I wasn't familiar with yet.

Maybe she was right. Just then, numerous flashbacks flooded into ny head and I picked up her leftbehind, blood stained, weapon.

-----------------------------

Hello^-^ I was wondering if you guys would like me to create a soundtrack/list of songs and music for this book. Would you guys like that or no? Please please comment what you think! Thanks so much for reading and I appreciate you guys so much! Also, there will be a new chapter every week from now on!

Love, Alice