Chapter 5. Pleasurable pain

Liara's pov

I woke up and felt my entire body ache; along with a painful headache that I couldn't escape from. I couldn't sit up without experiencing immense pain; pain coming at me from all over. Its not like I haven't felt it before..

I could have sworn Jeff visited me hours ago. I remembered listening to his heavy breathing by my window. His silhouette behind the tattered curtains, and his smile; even though his expression was nowhere near happy. I called out to him but I guess he didn't hear my voice. Would he have came back? Or would he have tried to kill me again.  

He tried to kill me. And he was succeeding, except he stopped again. Just like that night six months ago, he let me live. I was dying, suffering from immense blood loss and if nothing had been done, I would have passed away in a pool of blood. My blood. But he wrapped up my wounds, stopped the bleeding. I would never know what went on inside the mind of a killer, and I wasn't so sure I wanted to. They were once normal people. They still have inner conflicts and do feel hurt.

I don't blame him for it. Killing. Jeff's a killer that inflicted pain, and I let him. I wouldn't resist. I never would; no matter how much pain I was put in. 

I don't like Jeff. I wasn't going to start having feelings for a killer. I couldn't possibly like him. No.. I could almost taste the denial.  

I moved my arm to feel an incredible sting in my arm. I could tell the bandages were from yesterday just from the dried blood stain. Biting my lip, I summoned up my strength and wormed myself up against my bed frame, leaning against it. Yesterday felt like a dream. It was a dream I've had before. Except in the dream I died..  

I must have fallen asleep because when I had awoken, the room was dark. Shadows were casted from the curtains and window. The window was opened just a crack, letting in small gushes of wind. My head hurt and sleep was overwhelming, but I was drifting off anyways. Until I heard the window creak open and a familar figure climbed in. Shivers went down my spine and I felt slight anticipation.  

Jeff stood besides my bed. I reached out and his hand met mine for a spare moment. Then he let go, and it made my heart sank.  

"Whats wrong with me.." I thought to myself. "Why does my heart throb whenever he touches me.."  

It was true. Whenever Jeff was nearby, I would feel shivers and a rush. Whenever our skins touched my heart would beat uncontrollably fast. I wasn't sure if it was out of fear or something else. All I know was that I would have a sick feeling in my stomach whenever he was around and I liked it.  

He was my nightmare, the nightmare I've grown used to.  

Even without looking at him, I felt the intensity of his stare. I let my eyes meet the gaze of his dark, black sockets.  

Jeff extended his hand and lifted up my arm, slowly unraveling the bloody bandage. He covered my wounds with clean ones, wrapping my arm before he continued onto the next.  

I felt my forehead starting to burn up.  

"Why are you doing this..?" I whispered, sounding ungrateful. I somewhat didn't understand him. Jeff inflicted my wounds and brought me close to my death but he was also the one to save me. Why would he save me..

"I'm sorry I hurt you, Liara." He answered, the first words he's said in the past hours.

"You killed me, but why did you save me?" I threw the words at him and I could tell he was suprised by my bluntness. I already knew his answer. Jeff didn't care to "save my life". He craved my pain and saving me would satisfy his bloody needs. I was his toy, and he was setting me up for further torture. It was all fun and games for him. Somehow this didn't bother me. I hated him for pulling me into his web.. but at the same time I couldn't.

"I don't want to kill you. Neither do I want to hurt you. Its just.."

"killing. No. You do want to kill me. You do want to hurt me. You just aren't satisfied with the pleasure yet. You crave more.." You want to hurt me, and I don't care. I didn't say my last thought. I didn't want him to know.

"It's just I've never had feelings like this for anyone, ok? It's true I lust for your pain.. But at the same time I can't stand to watch you be in pain." Jeff balled his fists. His voice was angry yet it held sorrow and anxiety. It was clear that he was confused. I was silent. Jeff took my hand again, grasping it tightly. "You give me pleasurable pain.." he whispered before he released me and disappeared into the darkness.

________________________________________________________________________

Thank you to those of you who commented and voted. Currently I am going to switch the povs back and forth but I will keep in mind that you guys like jeff. I'll try to have more of his.  

Also, I will be uploading 1-2 chapters a week, maybe more depending on how much time I've got. But thanks for reading. Please vote, comment, follow.  

You guys are amazing<3  

Love, Alice xoxo