Chapter 8. Bittersweet

Jeff's pov

I was in Liara's backyard, of plant-less pots and weeds throughout the patches of grass. I could tell that it had been awhile since it had been tended to.  

There was a boy who interuppted Liara and I. I must admit I got fired up. Then again everything pissed me off in a way.

Liara was coming home soon. I waited.  

After what seemed like forever, I heard the front door open. I went around the building and through the door,sneaking up behind her and covering her eyes. 

"Boo. ." I whispered into her left ear. I felt her lips curl upwards into a smile. She placed her hands on mine.

"Hey, Jeff. ." I let go and spun her around, taking her hand in mine.

" I want to take you somewhere."

"Where..?"

"You'll know when you get there."

"Why can't you tell me?"

"Its a surprise."

"Alright." She said, smiling softly.

I led her through the back door and into the woods, holding onto her hand. A thick fog loomed over our heads. The art was chilly and bittersweet.  

We walked through the woods until a cabin came into view. Avoiding the house, we walked around and continued deeper into the woods until we were right infront of a iron gate. "We're here." I announced, opening the rusty gate. It made a screeching noise.  

A sweet flowery aroma lingered in the air as we walked closer to the pastel flowerbeds. Different colored rose bushes came into view along with the enormous amount of lilacs, tulips, and jasmine blossoms, and endless more flowers.  

Liara gasped at the sight.  

"Jeff..This is beautiful." she spun around, taking in all of the plants surrounding her. "Its breathtaking."

"I knew you'd like this. ." I smiled at her.

"You're not that bad, Jeff, being a killer an all." She said, her face lighting up. Liara went over to the flowerbeds, kneeling down.  

I watched her, she seemed happy. The words she said to me were suppose to be words of praise, but it gave me a empty feeling. Why was I trying so hard to please her yet I yearned to be the one to cause her pain. Why did her words matter. I was in conflict with myself. Ain't I always?  

My eyes never left her. What exactly did this girl mean to me..

___________________________________________________

Thanks for reading! Do you guys like it so far? I apologize for the short chapter, I will update soon! Please give it a vote and comment! Love you all!  

Love, Alice xoxo